Abuse Ported To Gp2x V1.0

DaveC said:
shinra said:
thank you for this port,it's perfect, it just takes some time to load but not a big deal, also even with only 8 directions it's playable, I have a sugestion, the vol middle and the d-pad push could be used to switch between the diagonals, for example, in a modded d-pad (8 directios) when fire in diagonals (right-up for instance) it fires in the direction that is next to right and it's limited to this for the other diagonals, but the center push and vol middle could be used to switch between the other diagonal directions (afecting the four diagonals in this example at the same time), I included this image, hope it helps understand the idea and hope it could be done, thanks again for this port :).
That is a bad idea though. For one many d-pad modded units lack a center push. Another reason is that if it is made possible for F200 users to use the d-pad for control there is no center push either. The center push is also not very robust. It is hard to run and use center push. The last reason is that if you get aggressive during gameplay and push the stick in by accident it will mess up your controls.

well, that's why i also sugested vol middle, for normal gp2x vol middle could be used, on modded gp2x the center push is on the back (on some mods).

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
Senor Quack said:
I will also look at the music volume problem, thanks for the bug reports. Glad to hear people are enjoying it :) I am a little over half-way through the game so I am still doing lots of "testing".
(GP2X) Music volume is not saved (game internal sound and Music Volumes are saved), the Game always starts incredible loud (F-100 MKII in my case) so using Headphones is dangerous. :ph34r:

All of my ports respect the initial mixer setting, which means that you can set it to whatever you like in Gmenu2X. I have mine set to 30 so I can also use headphones without pain. I can't set it to 30 by default because then other people would complain. :) My ports also set the mixer volume back to the initial level detected at startup.

pariah said:
Torokun said:
Hm...

I don't know what I am doing wrong here...

The game loads. But touch screen doesn't work.

Anyone experiencing same prob?
Yup. Me too. Got an F200 running 4.1.1. Sux.

p B)

Have you already applied Notaz's and EvilDragon's touchscreen fixer? The reason it's probably broken is because GPH is retarded and changed a kernel data structure for absolutely no reason. Can't believe people haven't applied this yet.

Also, I have fixed the music volume bug (it was bad original code, not my code :) ) and also fixed the DPAD-modded mouse cursor movement bug.. I am waiting to get some internet at home so I can release the fixed version. I also am going to add/fix some other stuff I've noticed.

Regarding the volume button being used to extend the directional range: Eh, I don't like it but I might run with a similar idea if I can come up with something.

Senor Quack said:
Also, I have fixed the music volume bug (it was bad original code, not my code :) ) and also fixed the DPAD-modded mouse cursor movement bug.. I am waiting to get some internet at home so I can release the fixed version. I also am going to add/fix some other stuff I've noticed.
Awesome! Can't wait for the download to be made available. :D

Tag5 posted on Sep 12 2008 at 11:54 AM said:
Senor Quack posted on Sep 10 2008 at 06:00 PM said:
Awesome! Can't wait for the download to be made available. :D Has Senor Quack got internet connection now to upload the Abuse fixes. :unsure:

Tag5 posted on May 15 2009 at 09:17 AM said:
and also fixed the DPAD-modded mouse cursor movement bug.. I am waiting to get some internet at home so I can release the fixed version. I also am going to add/fix some other stuff I've noticed.
Awesome! Can't wait for the download to be made available. :D Has Senor Quack got internet connection now to upload the Abuse fixes. :unsure:
Sorry, I've been naugthy and completely flaked out on releasing the fixes for this stuff. I will be in Virginia where I might have a day or two to release a new binary (wouldn't count on it though"].
Sorry :(

Sorry, Tag5, but I didn't end up having enough time to dedicate to getting Abuse out. Hopefully in the next month or two after things settle down. Who knows, I might even get a job and get a Wiz and release it for that, too.

Back