Shipping Date: Guessing Game

Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
Wait

If closest one wins, then who would win if it shipped on, say, the 28th? Between kattle87 and javaJake?

Hmmm - Good question. In the result of a tie - the result will be settled by "rock scissor paper"

Last edited by a moderator:
DrCJBoduma said:
Hmmm - Good question. In the result of a tie - the result will be settled by "rock scissor paper"

:lol:

Pencil me in next to greendots, then.

CODE

bash-3.2$ perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime);$guess = strftime "%a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Y", gmtime(1230645600);print "$guess\n";'
Tue Dec 30 14:00:00 2008

I'll say February 3. I hope I'm wrong though.

DrCJBoduma said:
Wait

If closest one wins, then who would win if it shipped on, say, the 28th? Between kattle87 and javaJake?

It should be like the Price is Right -- you can't overbid. Let's reward the optimists here! In a tie, the person with the earlier release date prediction should win.

naples39 said:
It should be like the Price is Right -- you can't overbid. Let's reward the optimists here! In a tie, the person with the earlier release date prediction should win.
OH MAN PRICE IS RIGHT I LOVED THAT SHOW

Let's all hope CandidStan wins then :lol:

Unfortunately CandidStan is calling for someone to receive a Pandora before Craig and the team have even tried to assemble a complete unit.

craigix said:
On that note I'm pleased to say next weekend we will be building the first fully working Pandora with controls and keyboard and
making some videos of it for you to see - this does not mean the work is finished - there is bound to be something which needs
adjusting, but it is a major near final milestone.

naples39 said:
Unfortunately CandidStan is calling for someone to receive a Pandora before Craig and the team have even tried to assemble a complete unit.

craigix said:
On that note I'm pleased to say next weekend we will be building the first fully working Pandora with controls and keyboard and
making some videos of it for you to see - this does not mean the work is finished - there is bound to be something which needs
next weekend = Dec 6 and 7 ?
CandidStan says Dec 11

Sounds like "after" to me.

naples39 said:

craigix said:
I thought next weekend = December 6, 7

EDIT: TOO LATE

Chero said:
next weekend = Dec 6 and 7 ?
CandidStan says Dec 11

Sounds like "after" to me.
If when posting on Monday Dec. 1, if Dec 6-7 is 'next' weekend, what happened to 'this' weekend? Gone into the ether?

I don't know, maybe Craig didn't mean it that way, but generally the coming weekend is referred to as 'this' weekend. 'Next' weekend usually means the weekend after the immediately coming weekend.

Bah, who cares, my post tongue-in-cheek anyway.

I reckon something like 5th January the first shipments of pandoras will get sent out, and those in the UK who pre-ordered within the first half hour of the store opening with first class delivery (24 hour or 2 day delivery) would be among the first to get them. :)

IF that is where they are getting shipped out from, I presume.

EDIT: TOO LATE

Sorry ;)

Anyway, it will be jan 12 ! :p and CandidStan said 12/11/09 :( . Let's all hope he got it wrong and the pandora-team produces a pandora before that.

Have fun,
Chero.

Edit : typo again

What about a Pandora without battery? It isn't complete, but may be delivered :huh:

As optimistic as I would like to be, I don't think we will see a release within the upcoming two/three months. There is too much work that needs to be done.

I'm placing my bets on the 2nd of March. Development will be finished in the second week of February. After that we will see some issues regarding the packaging which causes another small delay. But in the end we will get a quality piece of hardware.

Engadget goes nuts, the Pandora site goes down for a couple of weeks because the server can't handle the traffic, and my personal website will go down too because of the review that I posted.

Hallelujah :pandora1:

It seems nobody said Valentine's Day yet...

I will receive my Pandora and the hatred of my girlfriend on February 14th 2009!

Geeks don`t do valentines day

anyway...I just happen to own a time machine, not only do I know when it`s released, but I stole my own unit from myself (looks rather worn for a new device tho????)

buhahahahahaha

** /** /09

Wait

Nope. I would win because I think it will arrive on the 28th :lol: .

DrCJBoduma said:
Wait

Rock paper scissors is for pussies! It's all about Ro Sham Bo!

CandidStan said:
DrCJBoduma said:
Wait

Rock paper scissors is for pussies! It's all about Ro Sham Bo!

Or maybe Rochambeau?

Back