Set mouse buttons as A B X Y

Set mouse buttons as A B X Y in Xfce

• Total voters

I must say that I have also had issues with nub mouse clicks not registering properly. Usually in the form of registering as several clicks which had a tendency to cancel each other out. This was an issue that developed for me over time and I suspect this to mostly be an issue with the calibration, as it came good when I performed the 'magic nub dance' though that was shortly before I had to send my Pandora back due to the PTOD. I do believe this is an issue which needs to be solved, and I'd be interested to see if the neutral zone suggestion above makes any difference. (once I get my Pandora back)

Hm, maybe the automatic calibration screws things up after a while since you're only pressing left, down, and up most of the time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your nub is definatly broken.
But it works perfectly as i reversed nubs and tested...

I can't believe both have a problem.

Also instead of arguing to death. Just code it. With the effort you have put in arguing for your point you could have it implemented by yourself (including the requiered learning step, or you just dont deserve your nick)
:^)

I can't by now. I work so much i don't even have enough energy to play some music when back @ home TT.

And i'm not ED, i need my 8 hours sleep ^^.

I can assure you i would have reversed buttons a long time ago. I just do with it right now, and it drives me mad :/.

I'm one of the people who use Home/End/PgUp/PgDn for navigation on a regular basis. And I can't imagine text editing without these buttons. So I'm definitely for nub as a mouse clicks option.. I just need fast access to to those keys and there's no other place they could be mapped. Additionally I prefer touch screen rather than nubs for pointer movement and clicks.

On the other hand I know there are people who hardly use those keys. I've even seen a laptop that required 2 key combination to access Home/End, so it wold be nice if there's configuration possible.

I just need fast access to to those keys and there's no other place they could be mapped.
Well, you could utilize Fn+dpad, but that would cause all kinds of issues when having to use these keys in shortcut-combinations. The fact that Fn is not on a shoulder button doesn't help either. It's just more efficient the way it is right now.

I have some features to add to the nub configurator, an optimization for the OVR editor and TV-out configuration to program for the upcoming hotfix. Modification of keyboard controls is most likely the issue I'll tackle after that. I work fairly irregularly on these projects, but I'll try to allocate some more time for it.

Going to swap buttons and right nub.

http://www.gp32x.de..._1

This seems not to be a swapping.

As far as i understand,

keycode 110 = A

keycode 115 = B

Do someone knows codes for X and Y plz ?

---EDIT

keycode 117 = X

Now Y ?

---EDIT

Hoho, found a nasty bug in Xfce !

Left clicking like crazy on Xfce icons produces a right click.

And doesn't on the desktop.

Oh !

Gonna get it, thanks !

BTW, know code for Y plz ? ^^

Could you/someone try writing a small program that would tell you the status of codes 100-125 and see what happened when you pressed Y?

I have the same problem with using the nub as buttons, more often than not I get a middle or right click when i try to open an application.

I wonder if this is because of hand size, i.e the hand is in such a position that what feels like a left moment of the thumb is actually too much of a left-down moment.

Now that I come to think of it (and just having observed how my thumb really moves on the nub), that in a combination with the auto calibration could very well be the reason for this behavior.

And if I have understood the way that calibration works, that means it cant really cope with the way most users use it, since the left 'button' is probably the most used.

Perhaps some sort in-the-middle driver that translates the raw data from the nubs into what direction you meant to press could be implemented (with a nice GUI that asks you to use the motion you associate with left, down and up to get a feel for that persons personal x-y axis)?

Other than that, I don't think changing the default is a good idea, it would probably require a recompile of almost all games and applications that assumes the current config and not all devs who are the maintainers are currently active.

It would also require an update to alot of wiki pages, and would cause confusion form of alot of smaller tutorials posted in older thread and on independent blogs.

I am all for including xopher's solution in the next hotfix tough, I think it's great.

Back