Is there an easier way to make shoulder buttons mouse buttons?

second exodous

Advanced Member
I went through this tutorial on the wiki and I can't seem to get it to work. I can't believe making this change is so difficult. My left nub is great, I am very accurate at mousing, but I don't know if my right nub is off but I can not single click worth crap. Double click is working alright, 80% of the time, and left click works great, but single click does not work worth crap.

I just want to use something that 'clicks' for mouse 'clicks', the nub does not cut it. I haven't played any games that use the nubs so I don't know if there is something terribly wrong with my left nub but even if it was and I got it fixed I still would not want to use it as mouse buttons.

This is something that needs a GUI or a PND to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. I've got my shoulder buttons to act as left and right click, but if I don't use them for a short while it times out and reverts to the right nub.

Terribly annoying. And yes, single clicking with the nub is indeed frustrating...

even a pnd to automatically flip that setting off then on again periodically would be great!

:)

Shouldn't be too hard eh?

Volunteers?

You can set it so that you only need to single-click to open files; very useful for the touch screen.

if I don't use them for a short while it times out and reverts to the right nub.
You got to be kidding me, how to do you reset it to use the shoulder buttons again? Does it require a reboot?

When this command is run:

Code:
sudo cp nameofyourfile.sh /usr/bin/nameofyourfile

does the file not need the .sh extension after it is copied?

Also, on step 9 when adding it to the 'Application Autostart' what needs to be in the command? Just the path to the file in /usr/bin or what? This is what I put:

Code:
/usr/bin/mouse buttons.sh

Is that right or do I need something else there?

if I don't use them for a short while it times out and reverts to the right nub.
You got to be kidding me, how to do you reset it to use the shoulder buttons again? Does it require a reboot?

That's how I got mine working. All you need to do if it reverts to the nub is deselect & reselect 'Use mouse emulation' under 'Accessibility' in your Settings.

Still annoying having to do that every so often.

That's how I got mine working. All you need to do if it reverts to the nub is deselect & reselect 'Use mouse emulation' under 'Accessibility' in your Settings.

Still annoying having to do that every so often.
Holy crap, that got it working.

I CAN NOT STRESS HOW MUCH EASIER THIS IS TO USE!!!

Anyone who has not tried using the shoulder buttons as mouse buttons should try it. I'm thinking this should be in hotfix6, or at least as an easy to access option that doesn't time out.

EDIT: Yeah, it times out, is there any way to put 'Accessibility' in the quick launch area on the taskbar?

does the file not need the .sh extension after it is copied?

Also, on step 9 when adding it to the 'Application Autostart' what needs to be in the command? Just the path to the file in /usr/bin or what? This is what I put:

Code:
/usr/bin/mouse buttons.sh

Is that right or do I need something else there?
File name extensions don't matter on Linux. You could name it .png and it would still work. But the GUI still uses the extension to determine what program to use when you double click something.

Spaces in file names should be avoided, they can cause problems.

Path to the executable should be enough.

Back