Release Sega Saturn

doriath

Still Fresh
Hi I know that the Sega Saturn seems to be really hard to emulate due to its internal architecture, I wondered if it's easier to emulate for specific games? and wondered if anyone out there was working on something? The stuff I'd really love to play on a mobile device is nights into dreams, xmas nights, guardian heroes, sega rally and sonic R...oh and a few of the capcom superhero figthing games. Is anyone out there attempting anything? I'd be happy to make a second contribution to the coding fund if they were. :)

doriath said:
wondered if anyone out there was working on something?
That's sort of like asking if it's raining flaming blood from the sky. If it were, you wouldn't have to ask :wink:

For future reference, refer to Prophet's list.

To be fair, there was a Saturn thread on the gp32x forums which was current and several pages long.

I don't really have much to add besides that I would really like to see a saturn emulator on the pandora as well.

Even when Saturn was a mainstream console back then... game creators were having the hardest time coding for it.

Doubt it is gonna happen.

polkunus said:
Even when Saturn was a mainstream console back then... game creators were having the hardest time coding for it.

Doubt it is gonna happen.
That's because the technology of the Saturn was way ahead of it's time and game programmers of that time wasn't ready for it.

Despellanion said:
That's because the technology of the Saturn was way ahead of it's time and game programmers of that time wasn't ready for it.

It wasn't ahead of its time. It just crammed a lot of existing technology into one mess of chips.

Despellanion said:

I doubt it. It seems to me they crammed so many custom chips in there, that it was just a mess to program for.

Edit: Ooops, too late. But astonishing how much we think alike :wink:

Back