Sega Saturn Emulation?

when I say bootdisks, I don't mean you have to buy one like swap magic. You could literally download the boot disk image and the game image, burn 2 cd's and you were ready to rock. Later 'they' released images with the boot system built into it so you only needed one disk.

I think I bought like 2 games. All my friends at the time burnt their games also. That was a major contributing factor to the Dreamcast's demise in my opinion.

Exophase said:
Sega probably didn't think the games would so easily go from GD-ROM to CD-ROM so much of the time.
This was the point I was trying to make. GD-ROM disks were more costly and more error prone, but it was believed they would help stop piracy. They were wrong. Bootdisks were just one of the many consequences of that decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easier yes, but most consoles pirating was rife. Few other reasons on top of that, it was truly an amazing machine.

MonkeyChops said:
when I say bootdisks, I don't mean you have to buy one like swap magic. You could literally download the boot disk image and the game image, burn 2 cd's and you were ready to rock. Later 'they' released images with the boot system built into it so you only needed one disk.
Oh okay Monkey, apologies. I misunderstood what bootdisks were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back