Sega Saturn

No round buttons can differ.

Does anyone know if the ribbion in this picture is detatchble on either side (Circled):
satrib.jpg

Attachments

• satrib.jpg
    satrib.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 157
  • satrib.jpg
    satrib.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 165
  • satrib.jpg
    satrib.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 170
It does come out, but Im not sure exactly how yet, I think you just pull it out, but I did that and I heard an off putting crack :unsure:

There is also a tutorial to do this your self on http://www.gamesx.com/, but the new PC one is even differant from the other PC one, its sexy sexy white! ROAR!

EDIT: Got the ribbion out, bent the metal and got the controller board out, now, replacing the LED's.

I'm a bit miffed that my Saturn is an Oval button version, infact I have been for a long time I've been itchin to try Panzer Dragoon Saga. Now with the Disc swap I probably can :D.

Finty: Let me know how you get on with the mod, my case has been massacared by some muppet with stickers glued on with polycement and when I've tried to remove them over the years I've practically burnt dents into the plastic with spirits. It would be interesting just to redo the case with paint (that plastikote stuff looks good.) the most difficult thing to overcome is the fact that when fixing something inside the other day I stupidly left all of the screws and reset button (plus reset rod) on the table in my Uni lounge.

The F*cking cleaners threw them out now I have a Saturn which falls apart in my hand, has no reset button and half stickers stuck on it plus a few holes.

Tits.

And them saturns are still pretty dear.

I have decided on a colour scheme. Gloss yellow with 2 black stripes running up the side of it (Beside the CD cover). Oh with stenciled sega logo.

finty101 posted on Jul 12 2004 at 08:38 PM said:
And them saturns are still pretty dear.

I have decided on a colour scheme. Gloss yellow with 2 black stripes running up the side of it (Beside the CD cover). Oh with stenciled sega logo.
Cool, might try something in a neat blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dismantleing now, pretty hard but I have enough courage to do it :)

Already blacked the stripes on top half. And done the buttons.

Dude... performing some serious thread necromancy is enough by itself, but doing so in order to link a freaking Kotaku article out of all things :|?

Anyway, here's the original video by cTrix:

I've read about it. Looks like the Saturn had a really tough Copy-Protection, pretty much hardcore...or pretty much hardware. That guy must be really passionate, respect.

Sounds like VideoCD support broke another Sega console wide open. I've no idea what process the guys that broke the Dreamcast went through to discover that hack, but this certainly is an epic tale of reverse engineering, step by step.

Back