Emulate A Sega Saturn

Exophase said:
I have command line commands and debugger commands that break after X instructions.
Ah, remember seeing something similar in gpSP.

Exophase said:
I also recommend doing an x86 recompiler if at all possible. Then you synchronize the x86 recompiler to the interpreter and the ARM recompiler to the x86 recompiler. You'd get most of the bug fixing out of the way on the x86 side.
Yeah it can already do some low quality x86 output, and it's less buggy than ARM, but I have no way to compare them. I'll have to come up with something like you suggest I guess, or else it's a dead end.

Last edited by a moderator:
conso said:
If I had only been here to see the reply before the edit :(

Yes if only ;D

Or I could have just edited it to make it look more conspicuous.

Phawx said:
@Exophase

You fucker...?

Hey now, play nice. Comments like these make me have second thoughts about working on my project at all.

Ah, who am I kidding, I could never be so easily affected.

I'm sure no matter what it is, I don't really work on it anyway.

@Exophase

That's the spirit! Truthfully though, you need to be careful when saying things like that. I'm sure if someone actually believed I prevented you from doing something awesome, I'd need to sleep with one eye opened :ph34r:

Also, I heard Homer Simpsons' voice for your last sentence. One of those Father-Son talks he has with Bart.

Exophase said:
It's a secret to everybody.

Obviously it's a specialized CDi emulator that only plays Link: The Faces of Evil and Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon. Thank god for this project.

Phawx said:
@Exophase

That's the spirit! Truthfully though, you need to be careful when saying things like that. I'm sure if someone actually believed I prevented you from doing something awesome, I'd need to sleep with one eye opened :ph34r:

Also, I heard Homer Simpsons' voice for your last sentence. One of those Father-Son talks he has with Bart.

Haha, yeah, I think I see what you mean there XD

Chip said:
Obviously it's a specialized CDi emulator that only plays Link: The Faces of Evil and Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon. Thank god for this project.

That actually sounds pretty cool! But I think it'd be criminal to do something like that. I mean, artificially limiting people to only playing two of the games in the fantastic CD-i library. Come on.

Good point. There was that third awful Zelda game for the CDi as well. Having a limited emulator wouldn't be all that bizarre though - the only non-commercial CDi emulator out there only plays Rise of the Robots.

Chip said:
Exophase said:

Heh I was going to ask if a CDi emulator existed and was going to be ported. I was beginning to wonder if it was a system that had completely falled off the face of the earth into obscurity!

So anyway, Exophases new emulator...?

DS? Saturn? Any other guesses :p

Pleng said:
Chip said:
Exophase said:

Heh I was going to ask if a CDi emulator existed and was going to be ported. I was beginning to wonder if it was a system that had completely falled off the face of the earth into obscurity!

So anyway, Exophases new emulator...?

DS? Saturn? Any other guesses :p

TI-83 imo.

Or Virtual Boy.

Exophase said:
B-ZaR said:
Keep on guessing! Soon we can deduce what he's working on by applying disjunctive syllogism!

EDIT: typo

That only works if I give you an honest answer of whether your guess is correct or not.

I have to say, I am rather curious as to what you may be working on. You have tremendous talent, so no matter what it is, I can expect it to be done well. ;)

-God Ginrai

Exophase said:
B-ZaR said:
Keep on guessing! Soon we can deduce what he's working on by applying disjunctive syllogism!

EDIT: typo

That only works if I give you an honest answer of whether your guess is correct or not.

You mean... you would... lie to us? :(

Honestly, I'm as interested as anyone here, but let's give the man some breathing space. If nobody knows what you're doing, they won't bug you about it all the time :p

B-ZaR said:
You mean... you would... lie to us? :(

Probably ;)

Here's a hint, it's not a 3DO emulator. Or is it?

You did the gpsp emulator, so I'll go out on a limb and say a DS emulator. :)

Back