Sdhc Compatibilty List

Well 4.0 is the initial FW for the F-200, so what's the point in "updating"? :p

Manjuu said:
Well 4.0 is the initial FW for the F-200, so what's the point in "updating"? :p

That is what I do not understand? Hmm...sounds like a bad (not to mention unrequired) flash to me...

Anyway, received an 8GB Kingston SDHC card a few days ago, and as expected it works perfectly with the F200. One thing that I did notice however is that *certain* programs do not know how to utilize the file system so to speak. For example, I can no longer use zipped roms in Hu6280 with this card. If they are zipped, the emulator locks up before the emulation starts. They do work fine zipped on the 2GB standard SD card I have tho, so I know it is the SDHC card.

There was one more emulator that exhibited this same issue, but I cannot remember which one off the top of my head. Not a big deal however...everything else works as it should. Great to have the space, although it is nearly used up at this point :)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Mine is ExtreMemory 4 GB class 6, I had to partition and format it several times under Linux before it works on the F200."

How do you partition a card? I'm making sure it's the GP2X before I send it back! When the card is in and the GP2X is connected to the PC via USB, I click on F: (the drive) and it says the card is not formatted, when I take the card out, the PC tells me to insert the card back in. hence, the card reader on the GP2X must be doing something! I've just read that anything over 4gb might lead to incompatibility issues. Maybe I should try a 4gb one?

Anyone know of anything I can do to the card before I send it back?

NickLoTurco said:
"Mine is ExtreMemory 4 GB class 6, I had to partition and format it several times under Linux before it works on the F200."

How do you partition a card? I'm making sure it's the GP2X before I send it back! When the card is in and the GP2X is connected to the PC via USB, I click on F: (the drive) and it says the card is not formatted, when I take the card out, the PC tells me to insert the card back in. hence, the card reader on the GP2X must be doing something! I've just read that anything over 4gb might lead to incompatibility issues. Maybe I should try a 4gb one?

Anyone know of anything I can do to the card before I send it back?

Yep...

STOP using the GP2X to read the card! Honestly, the USB connect function on the GP2X is buggy (firmware is buggy I should say), and it rarely ever works correctly for me either. Go get yourself a card reader and chances are your problem will disappear. As a matter of fact, that cheapy $5 card reaer that the GP2XStore sells DOES read SDHC cards (reads and writes to my 8GB fine), so it will only set you back $5 (plus shipping of course)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha! Was just moving all my files from my SD card to a folder on my PC so I could have a go at reformatting the card. There was an error with one of the files and it wiped nearly 2 thirds of the card clean. Emulators, games the lot. I'm thinking of jacking this in, I bought it to play games and it's just a massive headache. Shame.

Hi,

Just bought a Transcend 4Gb Class6 and it worked Just fine on my F-100 MK1.
(With Notaz Patch of course)

Bye

Herc.

Back