I Have Problems, Please Help!

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
I've been using my new F-200 now for 2 days without problems, until 5 minutes ago. I'd just taken the SD card out of the PC after putting some games on, and put it back in the GP2X, it hasn't recognised the card. My PC still does though. I put the card back in the GP2X and connected it to my PC via USB, when I click on the drive (F), it says the card isn't formatted, even though it is! Before this happened I connected the unit to my cradle to see if it fitted, could this have caused the problem?

Please help as I'm now depressed. I'm currently reformatting the card so I hope that works, have to empty it out first though!

Nick

PS It's a 8gb SDHC off ebay, it's been great till now, it's Toshiba although it doesn't have ANY logo's on it. It's only about half full.

NickLoTurco said:
I've been using my new F-200 now for 2 days without problems, until 5 minutes ago. I'd just taken the SD card out of the PC after putting some games on, and put it back in the GP2X, it hasn't recognised the card. My PC still does though. I put the card back in the GP2X and connected it to my PC via USB, when I click on the drive (F), it says the card isn't formatted, even though it is! Before this happened I connected the unit to my cradle to see if it fitted, could this have caused the problem?

Please help as I'm now depressed. I'm currently reformatting the card so I hope that works, have to empty it out first though!

Nick

PS It's a 8gb SDHC off ebay, it's been great till now, it's Toshiba although it doesn't have ANY logo's on it. It's only about half full.
I had an 8 gig ADATA class 6 SDHC card causing the same problem you mention, already on the first day of owning my F200. Dunno if it's the carts fault or the units'. My card was a cheapo bought off ebay also.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you use XP right click the drive with the SD card, go to properties and then tools
And run scandisk check for filesystem errors. Hopefully you can fix the SD card without losing data.

Linux-> fsck although I don't know how to use it (yet)

I tried the chkdsk but nothing came up, shall I just assume it's my cheap card and get a proper one? Or could it be a fault with the GP2X card reader? I'm hoping the card as I don't wanna have to pay postage back and forth to PlayAsia.com! What are the rules with that anyway?

I'm gutted!

Try power the gp2x on without the sd card in it, the unit will try to mount the sd card (which of course it can't do) then continue to load.

Leave it on the menu for a few seconds then power off, reseat the card and power on again.

This may clear any config the gp2x has about the card. Or I may be talking complete arse biscuits, but its worth a shot.

Back