Memory Card For F200 Model

seamoon

Still Fresh
Hi,

I just ordered a gp2x f200 model. Now I need to buy a memory card for it.
Can someone please confirm if this is a suitable sdhc card for it? What is the maximum capacity of sdhc cards that the unit can handle?

seamoon said:
Hi,

I just ordered a gp2x f200 model. Now I need to buy a memory card for it.
Can someone please confirm if this is a suitable sdhc card for it? What is the maximum capacity of sdhc cards that the unit can handle?

That looks like a suitable card, and pretty fast too! The F200 is limited only by whatever size SDHC goes up to. I think it has the potential to accept 32GB cards when they are made. I don't think such sizes are available yet, but they should be soon! I'm sure other people have more definite answers, but yes that card should be fine in your F200.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toshiba is releasing a 32gb card in january, but holy smokes is it expensive

I have bought and tested the SanDisk SDHC 4G card on my F200 and it has been working fine so far... put about 3 gigs of stuff on it and I can read/write no problem.

My SD Card reader doesnt support it though, lol. I'm actually using the built in card reader through USB.... I remember that sucked with my F100 but it seems quite nice with the F200.

Hope that helps...

The Kingston 4GB SDHC works fine in my F200. I'm thinking of getting the Integral 16GB SDHC card next as 4GB is not enough though. I hope it works!

Monty

this is good news :)

btw, is it the new firmware that gives the SDHC support? Or is it the new hardware in the F200 (.. since i also have two F100's.. )?

Thanks for helping out guys! I went ahead and ordered. Price including shipping was half the in store price here in Scandinavia.

Back