Sdhc Card Prices Plummetting

God Ginrai said:
I really doubt that if I buy a Class 6 from one of the top-tier companies like Panasonic, that it would be unstable.

-God Ginrai
I see what you're saying, but that's kind of my point. Perhaps Panasonic, but I haven't seen Kingston, SanDisk etc produce a 16GB, Class 6 card yet. At least that I've been able to find.

Last edited by a moderator:
ShyGuy said:
God Ginrai said:
I really doubt that if I buy a Class 6 from one of the top-tier companies like Panasonic, that it would be unstable.

-God Ginrai
I see what you're saying, but that's kind of my point. Perhaps Panasonic, but I haven't seen Kingston, SanDisk etc produce a 16GB, Class 6 card yet. At least that I've been able to find.

Kingston is a second-tier if I remember correctly. That could be their own choice, I don't know. As for SanDisk, they always release products after Panasonic. And SanDisk HAS a class 6 16GB. Try checking the manufacturer's website before you make claims like that: http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(2687)..._SDHC_16GB.aspx

-God Ginrai

That's what I don't get, here... who's "good" and who isn't? There's a lot of "this is bad" and "this is much better" flying all over the place, with people contradicting themselves, etc.

If possible, I'd like a list of things to watch for or manufacturers to prefer.

javaJake said:
That's what I don't get, here... who's "good" and who isn't? There's a lot of "this is bad" and "this is much better" flying all over the place, with people contradicting themselves, etc.

If possible, I'd like a list of things to watch for or manufacturers to prefer.
I can tell you that Panasonic and Sandisk are Top Tier.

I *believe* that Kingston, Patriot, and PNY are second tier. After that, I don't know much aside from the fact that A-Data is not very high-tiered.

I'd suggest getting either a Panasonic or a Sandisk. You can't get a Panasonic off of newegg, however, they generally tend to cost less than SanDisk cards and are just as good.

-God Ginrai

I have 3 Adata cards. (2) 16GB class 6 SDHC and (1) 8GB class 6 SDHC that have worked perfectly since day 1. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this brand. It also has a "lifetime warranty." I would recommend buying from NewEgg or Buy.com and to stay away from EBAY. There usually isn't a better price on EBAY.

I have heard claims in the pre SDHC days that ADATA's casing was cheap and would eventually seperate or break. I have been buying ADATA for awhile now without problems.

Now, I have tried out the brand "TOPRam" and have had terrible problems! I would stay sway from this Manufacture at all costs.

-Rob

I hope that sandisk isn't bad... Because I plan to buySecure Digital (SDHC) 16GB SanDisk Extreme III: link (polish computer shop).
The price 197 PLN = 60 EUR = 86 USD. A bit expensive, but it claims 20 MB/sec read and write.
I was looking on internet selling sites - there's a lot cheaper. If I find this one there - I'll get it from there (for lower price)

Absolutely ridiculous deal at http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=40940...navid=155441524
OCZ 4GB Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) Card - Class 6 (OCZSDHC6-4GB) for
$0

It might be too good to be true, might not, but just thought I'd mention it here.

(I assume they'll charge you for shipping at least, but hey, if you want a whole bunch of 4GB cards...)

azmodean said:
Absolutely ridiculous deal at http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=40940...navid=155441524
$0

It might be too good to be true, might not, but just thought I'd mention it here.

(I assume they'll charge you for shipping at least, but hey, if you want a whole bunch of 4GB cards...)

MIR, 1 per person/household :(

daclassicgamingmaster said:
azmodean said:
$0

MIR, 1 per person/household :(

$9.50 for ground shipping!

Back