Sd Card Files Erased, Except Gpsp

rex303

Still Fresh
my wiz has various emulators (pocketsnes, ipicodrive, lemonboy, mame, gpsp, fba2x, etc.) and ports (prboom, xcom 1 and 2 and so on) on the sd card I use (sandisk 8gb class 6). I have upgraded to firmware 1.2.1 when it was released.

well yesterday after playing gpsp (not for the first time and not on a new rom) I found that all the roms of other emus and gamefiles from ports had disappeared from my sd card (both by navigating via the wiz menus and by checking via usb on my pc). I have no idea why this happened and wanted to know if it is a known problem or if it might be card related and not wiz related. gpsp works without problems and all its files are still there.

I'm going to format my card and copy all my stuff back on it, but I would like to avoid surprises like this one. my NAND files seem to be fine.

Looks like corruption - can happen sometimes. Just format your SD card and start over.

it happened again on another card, but it erased other files.

so my wiz suddenly started erasing stuff from my sd card (apparently not from the nand), even using different sd cards. anyone have an idea on why and how to fix it?

I reflashed the firmware (1.2.1) and tried copying all the files back on the nand and sd.

I'll see if it happens again.

To reduce chances of corruption it's best to return to Wiz's menu before turning off (the card is mounted without sync so changes are not immediately written back to card).

Back