Gpsp

Aeder

Still Fresh
As the title would imply I'm having a problem running the gameboy advanced emulator gpSP. I have a Wiz and no SD card so I just created a separate file and added the three files (Bios, gpsp.gpe, and game_config). However, when I try to run the program the screen goes black and there's the loading symbol and then it just returns to the main screen, like nothing happened. I was wondering if this is happening because I don't have a SD card but that doesn't seem like it would make any sense. Any help at all would be extremely appreciated.

just copy everything within the zip file you downloaded: there's more inside the package than just the gpsp.gpe, like gpsp_wiz, which is the executable used, and also warm_2.6.24.ko, which is used for performance optimizations.

another tip: all issues may evolve when you use the internal NAND, even corruption of the files that you put on there. buy an SD card and dont touch the NAND, you won't regret it.

Actually did that already, the first part that is, and the same thing happened. Black screen, loading with the symbol, then back to the main screen.

You must to copy all the files in the zip package to the console. For example, romdir.txt is used to locate the roms folder. And you must to rename the bios file to gba_bios.bin. Some programs are tested to work in SD, and they can exit with error.

I recommend you to buy a SD card for two reasons:
1- They are cheap, if you don't need 8 or 16 gb, you can begin with 1 or 2 gb card. You'll need more later.
2- If you corrupt the files in SD is easy to format or recover the files. If you corrupt the NAND, your console can be bricked.

Back