Newb Saving Issue

scosawema

Still Fresh
So I've had my Wiz for about a week now and it's starting to annoy me that I can't figure out how to get a save state to work in ANY of my emulators. I am currently running PocketSNES, Gpsp, and Gpfce. All I could find via the forums here is to make sure my SD card is unlocked. I did that and I got the same problem. Some of the games it LOOKS like they saved untill I exit the emulator and try to go back to the game. Then no save state is there. Please help before I throw my Wiz against the wall

Maybe make sure that the emulator folders (including save state and sram subfolders) are not set as read-only at the filesystem level on the SD card (right-click in Windows/Mac/Linux and check folder properties). Another thing to try is reformatting the SD card, but if you're able to put stuff on there from a PC then the Wiz should also be able to write to it.

Well everything was read only so I changed that but I noticed that NOTHING has a save state or sram subfolder.

The emulators might create those folders automatically when you run them, now that you've fixed the read-only thing.

So I tried to run them all and I still don't have any new folders for save state or sram

So I reformated my SD card and re-installed all my emulators and roms. It seems to be working now

Back