Release ScummVM 2.0

2.2.0 release up on the OpenPandora repo and I am just uploading it to ScummVM.org.

Built with GCC 8 now, still SDL based not GLES. That may well now change as the merge of Residual gives me some motivations to try and look more into some of the GLES issues on 1st gen devices.

@DJWillis Thanks for uploading it to the ScumVM website... Wait... So we have v2.2.0 (repo) and v2.2.1.(patch forum) for the OpenPandora, But the sha256sum of 2.2.0 on the ScummVM.org does not match any of those, so it's a different build?

The file available from the scummvm.org site is a zip file containing the pnd and a text file describing for newbies how to install it. If you unzip the file the pnd's sha256sum begins 8ff839b which is the same as v2.2.0 posted here I believe.

@FBnil the official release on the repo https://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=scummvm.djwillis.0001 and the latest version on https://www.scummvm.org/downloads/ are both the same bar one being the extracted PND and one being a Zip with the README also outside the PND.

The SHA sum for ScummVM.org is based on the ZIP so you can verify the download, not the PND inside of it, but I may include the SHA sum for the PND in the ZIP in future to avoid confusion. It's a good shout.

This release exactly matches the ScummVM 2.2.0 source release as all my changes are in GIT. I have been a member of the ScummVM team for many years now working on other stuff as well as my backend, and also tend to make my release builds available elsewhere like the repo along with odd test builds when I have a change that needs testing, not that I have done much major work on my backends for a few years prior to the last month or so :oops:.

The 2.2.1 release seems to have been taken from the automated buildbot releases from https://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html and I have had nothing to do with its release or sharing elsewhere - those builds are NOT release or optimised builds are are built with an older OpenPandora toolchain of mine (I have not yet updated the old buildbot with the newer toolchain). My view on the buildbot releases is that I have always encouraged the use of them for people that understand they have a lot more debug info and are slower. Ideal if you want to test a fix or an in development engine for instance.

For general users, always take the latest official release from ScummVM.org or the repo.

@levi thanks for the confirmation.

Hi - upgraded Scummvm to 2.2.0 via PNDmanager this week and after that had some issues with touchscreen detection that seems to be SDL related. (version is now 2.2.0 - Nov 1). Pointer is all over the place. Wondering if the latest version has the fix and anyone else has the problem and that I need to downgrade.

Gave older versions a try and apparently this issue has been introduced since version 2.0.0 - version 1.7 (that I still used) didn't have that problem. The problem happens with newer versions once you touch the screen outside the 'ScummVM screen', the black area's on the left or right. The only way to have it (kind of) working again is clicking the left upper edge and drag. Once you lose contact with the touchscreen it is not aligned anymore.
With nubs it works fine, but my nubs are terrible so I totally rely on the touch screen. @DJWillis hope you are still listening :)

BTW - I was pleasantly surprised that version 2.5 from daily builds https://buildbot.scummvm.org/#/dailybuilds was working. Unfortunately also the touch screen issue, but might be nice for someone with good working nubs (mainly a bugfix release).

Found something from DJWillis site that is now offline that seems to describe the issue and provides the fix. Unfortunately too advanced for me but maybe someone else understands what needs to be done.
Touchscreen is definitely the best way to enjoy ScummVM so it would be nice to have this fixed.
Well the hack is already present into the code compiled for Pandora https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/...backends/graphics/openpandora/op-graphics.cpp
so i think this issue is maybe related to something else...or maybe this hack need to be disabled compiling with SDL2 but @DJWillis maybe could tell more about this.

Well the hack is already present into the code compiled for Pandora https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/...backends/graphics/openpandora/op-graphics.cpp
so i think this issue is maybe related to something else...or maybe this hack need to be disabled compiling with SDL2 but @DJWillis maybe could tell more about this.

Thanks! Good to know and might indeed be even more complicated. It should be possible to compile Scummvm with SDL 1.2 if that is the underlying problem. Not sure what the autobuilt uses, it has the same issue.

DJWillis didn't login since 2020 so he might not be available for an update. I will wait a few weeks (no rush) and try git or add a post on the SCUMMVM forum.
A lot of improvements and additional games available since 1.7. The 2.5 version even added support for Grim Fandango. Nice!

from config.sh for Pandora seems that is use SDL1 to build...so i don't know...hope djwillis could help here...maybe you should try writing on SCUMMVM forum.

from config.sh for Pandora seems that is use SDL1 to build...so i don't know...hope djwillis could help here...maybe you should try writing on SCUMMVM forum.

Okay, thanks for checking :)

Will post something on the SCUMMVM forum later or maybe log into the SCUMMVM discord channel.

Created a post on the ScummVM forum and a ScummVM developer already replied and might even have a fix. https://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=96948#p96948

@Farox maybe the pull request https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/3827 makes sense to you and you want to give compiling a try? I might give it a shot as well but pretty sure someone has to guide me trough the process.
ah good someone did made a fix, hope it works.

I could try to build with Codeblocks pnd by ptitSeb, but i think need to adapt the scripts as djwillis use to cross compile the sources.
Hope compiling directly with Pandora didn't take so much time...i'll let you know.

If i could manage to build i need your help testing as don't have the game files ready to test.

ah good someone did made a fix, hope it works.

I could try to build with Codeblocks pnd by ptitSeb, but i think need to adapt the scripts as djwillis use to cross compile the sources.
Hope compiling directly with Pandora didn't take so much time...i'll let you know.

If i could manage to build i need your help testing as don't have the game files ready to test.

Awesome thanks, of course I will gladly test the program. Would be great if it works.

I wonder if it would make sense to have a Scummvm Port on the Pandora2, i allready testet the Version from the Debian Repo and it dit run quite issueless, so i would assume Scummvm is not that Power Demanding as a Playstation Emulator or simular where..

Hi @Farox apparently the change is already available via the autobuild - I just checked the PND and it isn't working correctly. So I hope you haven't spend any time on it yet.
I don't know if the nightly builds are just as good as compiled manually via codeblocks but for testing it doesn't have to be perfect. Will report back to the ScummVM dev.

[Edit] change wasn't available yet so I tested a version without the fix, but the ScummVM dev will try to merge it so I can test it later. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:
I wonder if it would make sense to have a Scummvm Port on the Pandora2, i allready testet the Version from the Debian Repo and it dit run quite issueless, so i would assume Scummvm is not that Power Demanding as a Playstation Emulator or simular where..

ScummVM is indeed not very demanding - there is even a limited version for the Atari ST. Pandora is excellent for it and I am sure the Pyra will handle it even better (at least a nicer screen).

Reactions: rSl
Hi @Farox apparently the change is already available via the autobuild - I just checked the PND and it isn't working correctly. So I hope you haven't spend any time on it yet.
I don't know if the nightly builds are just as good as compiled manually via codeblocks but for testing it doesn't have to be perfect. Will report back to the ScummVM dev.

[Edit] change wasn't available yet so I tested a version without the fix, but the ScummVM dev will try to merge it so I can test it later. Maybe tomorrow.
Well i adpted the scripts to compile with Codeblocks and started compilation....but didn't have finished yet...(i'm on the 4th hour now).
But don't worry i try to build anyway...and maybe i'll try to build an SDL2 version to see how it run....but this will take some days i think. :)

Well i adpted the scripts to compile with Codeblocks and started compilation....but didn't have finished yet...(i'm on the 4th hour now).
But don't worry i try to build anyway...and maybe i'll try to build an SDL2 version to see how it run....but this will take some days i think. :)

Downloaded and installed the latest daily build.
It totally fixes the issue! Not sure if the daily build is ready yet though (question I asked the Scummvm dev as well). Latest stable release is 2.5.1

DJWillis mentioned the autobuild version were not optimized and built with an old toolchain. So if you manage to compile it that should hopefully work as well and I can test it with a few games then.

Well after some failed attempt (compiling on Pandora is reaaaaly slow on my CC and need a 4Gbyte of swap ...thing that i found with some failed builds) it seems to build (at least the scummvm exe).
Now it started to build the plugins....so another big amount of time...|-) now i understand why djwillis crosscompile it !!

Back