Scummvm V1.0.0 (Rc1) Wiz

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!

Some of the adventures ScummVM supports include Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2; Revolution's Beneath A Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2; Flight of the Amazon Queen; Wyrmkeep's Inherit the Earth; Coktel Vision's Gobliiins; Westwood Studios' The Legend of Kyrandia and games based on LucasArts' SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system such as Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more. You can find a thorough list with details on which games are supported and how well on the compatibility page. ScummVM is continually improving, so check back often.

As this is a test release, here is a link you might need: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Release_Testing/1.0.0

The list of changes which are prepared for you in this release is quite long. The most outstanding ones are:
Added support for Discworld
Added support for Discworld 2 - Missing Presumed ...!?
Added support for Return to Zork
Added support for Leather Goddesses of Phobos 2
Added support for The Manhole
Added support for Rodney's Funscreen
Added support for Cruise for a Corpse
Improved GUI vastly: added quick search, introduced per-game options, improved mass-add dialog
Broken Sword 1 & 2 now run with original cutscenes
Increased The 7th Guest microscope puzzle difficulty to match original
Major improvements to PSP, PS2 and WinCE ports
New port for GP2X Wiz handheld game console.

Download: http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/

Is this different from the last (preview) version of scummvm posted here? Also is it safe to assume that bits of that list don't apply to the Wiz, considering

is something that I think would only happen on the Wiz in my dreams?

DurTahar said:
Is this different from the last (preview) version of scummvm posted here? Also is it safe to assume that bits of that list don't apply to the Wiz, considering

7th Guest on the Wiz would be awesome!
"He was a drifter..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if it was possible, I doubt it would be very pleasant. Oh well, it's a nice dream though :)

Anyway I've not noticed a difference between this and the preview already posted here so I guess it's the same release, either that or it's just minor changes I haven't noticed yet.

kev256 said:
DurTahar said:

7th Guest on the Wiz would be awesome!
"He was a drifter..."

I've managed to get The 7th Guest running on the Wiz.
It's very slow though, the sound is a bit distorted and the mouse leaves a trail.
See here for the files you need: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles
I thought it wouldn't run at all.

Isn't possible to save in Simon the Sorcerer 1 with ScummVM? I can save in the game regulary, which is fine, but the menu doesn't pop up when I press the menu button.

Regards

André

Neil L said:
I've managed to get The 7th Guest running on the Wiz.
It's very slow though, the sound is a bit distorted and the mouse leaves a trail.
See here for the files you need: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles
I thought it wouldn't run at all.

woah really??? that's pretty impressive, i didn't think it would run at all either. i'm going to have to try this out, even though it doesn't sound very playable i'd still be interested to see what the wiz can do with it! going to have to remember to get my discs when i go home this weekend

Does this support the fighting and airplane controls in the indiana jones games?

kev256 said:
Does this support the fighting and airplane controls in the indiana jones games?

Well, kinda I did have to beat one nazi but it was a pain because I had to call up the virtual keyboard constantly and press 6 for indy punch.

Regards

André

fettouhi said:
kev256 said:

Well, kinda I did have to beat one nazi but it was a pain because I had to call up the virtual keyboard constantly and press 6 for indy punch.

Regards

André

Not too bad I suppose, that's how it is on my cell phone too. I was hoping to be able map 8 4 6 and 2 to the D pad for the airplane parts though. Oh well, I guess with practice I can do those parts with the on screen keyboard.

Back