Release ScummVM 2.0

Just to share the result of the tests with everyone:

PND from Farox works great. Tested with Loom, Monkey Island, Moonmist, Grim Fandago. Residual core has been added recently and seems to be the most challenging so I was especially interested how Grim Fandago worked. Performed very well (no FPS indication though)
I was also interested how infocom text adventure Moonmist would work (Gargoyle core is also added to Scummvm) and works fine as well. Only issue is readability on the Pandora screen but that is not caused by the port and fontsize can be changed in scummvm.config file. Unfortunately I couldn't update the color scheme see discussion I started for that on the ScummVM forum.

Remained one other test and that is if there is a noticeable difference between the PND Farox created for me to test and tested the daily autobuild version from the ScummVM site.
Just did a test on my 1GHz Pandora, compared them and couldn't see a difference in performance or other issues. Everything works fine in both versions including adjusting keymapping, touch screen and handling savestates.

Farox mentioned it might not make sense to share the PND and just use the autobuild version from the ScummVM site. Saves Farox or anyone else at least lot of compiling time. It might still be a good idea though to update the version on the repo. That is certainly not correct (especially if folks are relying on pndmanager) but of course that is up for Farox to decide.

Thanks @Farox the great help!

For the latest Pandora daily build see:

Last edited:
If anyone want i could upload to the repo my compiled 2.60git version (i haven't changed the PXML file so djwillis is still the mantainer) ...or maybe to resources section of this forum.
Let me know.

Hi @Farox - seems like the best option especially for users that don't visit the boards regularly and/or rely on PNDmanager / Pandora File Repository. The 2.6 version works fine. Has a lot of additional cores/games available, bug fixes and the touch screen works as well.

I don't see any reason not to do it.

I'll wait few days in the hope for more opinions about it...i don't want to be the new mantainer of Scummvm or step into the great work of DJWillis uploading a new release over his precious work done before.

Ok i uploaded my PND of ScummVM using recompiled sources of ScummVM 2.6.0 from official Git repo here on the Resources section of the forum
link --> ScummVM 2.6.0git

Hope you like it, and as i wrote on the description if @DJWillis came back and want to update the PND...i will be glad to delete this release.

In meantime enjoy the games supported.

Last edited:
Back