ScummVM 2.0

ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical
point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data
files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables
shipped with the game, allowing you to play them on systems for which
they were never designed!

preview1.png

Changelog

- Initial release. Only supported engines enabled.
- Default configuration for OpenPandora.
- Sources included in src folder.
- Latest stable release.See changelog.
- Updated libs and sources.

Homepage:
https://www.scummvm.org/
Repo:
https://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=scummvm

Last edited:
Is there any reason to use your build over the automatic one DJ Willis set up here?

I was also going to say that the official 2.0.0 build for the OpenPandora is updated on the repo and also will be on the ScummVM website as soon as I push the webpage update. Just noticed this other build when I went onto the repo to update the PND.

Canseco, do your builds have any differences to my backend in the main ScummVM GIT? I am still building with older GCC's and without GLES to keep compatibility with all the generations of the OpenPandora.
[doublepost=1513784378,1513783935][/doublepost]
Is there any reason to use your build over the automatic one DJ Willis set up here?

pmprog, those auto builds from the buildbot are not stripped and don't have --enable-release set on the build (sets a few packaging options when making 'release' builds).

In most practical terms the only difference is the auto builds are a little larger to download and store due to the extra debug stuff but should run just as well.

I didn't know or see that automated builds when i did upload 1.9.0.
The last version uploaded to the repo was 1.7.0, 2 years ago.
I just thought the maintainer would not update it anymore.

Canseco, do your builds have any differences to my backend in the main ScummVM GIT? I am still building with older GCC's and without GLES to keep compatibility with all the generations of the OpenPandora.

I use ptitseb Codeblocks PND command line, that comes with GCC 7.2.0 and most latest stable libraries.
I used SDL1 and without GLES too, tried SDL 2.0.7, but some deps like directfb need to be recompiled and had problems with it too.

pmprog, those auto builds from the buildbot are not stripped and don't have --enable-release set on the build (sets a few packaging options when making 'release' builds).

I used this options to compile it:

./configure --prefix=/mnt/utmp/scummvm --enable-release --backend=openpandora --enable-plugins --default-dynamic --opengl-mode=any --disable-debug --enable-c++11

I would disable my PND, just in case there's a lapsus updating it on the repo again, ;)

canseco,

Awesome, thanks for the info. I still used GCC 4.3.3 for this release (plan to move to 7.2 for later builds). Otherwise, largely a similar build setup (the shell scripts I use to make the builds are in /backends/platform/openpandora/build.

I'll confess I forgot to update the repo in the past ;). Your call if you want to disable or not.

Either way, I still build ScummVM for several platforms in addition to more core stuff on the project and more automated release builds are on the horizon.

These days, I spend a bit of time on ScummVM and less time on the OpenPandora :( just due to the number of hours in the day and the job.

Any chance of enabling Myst support in the build options? I remember last time I tried it completely worked in Scummvm. Riven had an issue though.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems Myst should work now.

Last edited:
Gaaaaaaaah! :-|| I was hoping to test ScummVM v2.2.0 on Pandora. I downloaded the pandora version from the buildbot and eagerly copied it to my Pandora. I ran the app and... nothing happened. I rebooted and tried again. Same result. IT DOES NOT OPEN!

Sigh :(

I'm currently running SuperZaxxon 1.74 if that makes any difference.

Who is able & willing to update the :p&|a: Pandora port? (I'm willing but unable) Is @DJWillis or @ivanovic still around?

Hold that thought. Rather than porting an updated version, the best outcome would be getting the automatic builds fixed. If that is possible.

Gaaaaaaaah! :-|| I was hoping to test ScummVM v2.2.0 on Pandora. I downloaded the pandora version from the buildbot and eagerly copied it to my Pandora. I ran the app and... nothing happened. I rebooted and tried again. Same result. IT DOES NOT OPEN!

Sigh :(

I'm currently running SuperZaxxon 1.74 if that makes any difference.

Who is able & willing to update the :p&|a: Pandora port? (I'm willing but unable) Is @DJWillis or @ivanovic still around?

Hold that thought. Rather than porting an updated version, the best outcome would be getting the automatic builds fixed. If that is possible.
I tried some Magic with the Buildbot PND.
Try this PND...it work here fine ;) Version 2.2.1 latest Stable Version
PND is the Attachment.
(was just a Try to get it run and after a little Modification ...had Luck)

Attachments

• scummvm-op.pnd
    46.3 MB · Views: 247
Last edited:
I tried some Magic with the Buildbot PND.
Try this PND...it work here fine ;) Version 2.2.1 latest Stable Version
PND is the Attachment.
(was just a Try to get it run and after a little Modification ...had Luck)

Thanks again @ingoreis \o/ I don't understand what you did but your upload fixed the problem. I tested several old games and they all ran beautifully. :happy:

Yes you musst be the Maintainer of the PND in the Pandora Repo.

I am not the Maintainer..i just had little Luck to fix the PND ;)

Back