Screen Protector?

nagy

Still Fresh
Hi all,

noone said anything regarding screen protection...maybe it's just me being a tad overprotective, but I don't want to scratch my screen :)

I didn't find any 'generic' 4,3" screen protectors; did anyone else consider protecting it?

Nuvi 260W has same screen size...

I installed the invisible shield... and it's not exactly the same screen size, there's a 1mm difference (maybe less), but if you're picky like I am, you probably won't be fully satisfied with that. Also it adds a shinny look to an otherwise matte screen. Also it adds friction so dragging/drawing actions will be slightly affected.

Damn, I already have an invisible shield sitting in my drawer slowly disintegrating into it's constituate polymers while it awaits adhesion to a Pandora. I thought "same screen size/same screen" would mean it'd be completely perfect machine honed fit. Has anyone had similar problems or sucesses they can sooth/annoy me with?

If anyone does want to buy a zagg protector i have some leftover coupon codes.

50% off up to 3 items, expires Aug 15 -- iawzjwap
40% off up to 3 items, expires Aug 15 -- iajwpbja

Good once each. If you use one you might mention it so no one else tries it.

TitanUranus said:
Damn, I already have an invisible shield sitting in my drawer slowly disintegrating into it's constituate polymers while it awaits adhesion to a Pandora. I thought "same screen size/same screen" would mean it'd be completely perfect machine honed fit. Has anyone had similar problems or sucesses they can sooth/annoy me with?
I do have the Zagg shield on my Pandora, and there is a very small gap of space, but it is no differant than any screen shield I have used on my DS or PSP. They all have a slight space so that you have a little room to play with during placement.

I did get an Archos 605 screen shield off of Amazon USA, and it fit perfect. No space at all, and that's why I had to remove it. Unless you place it perfect, it will hang on one of the sides. No room for error. If anyones interested I would have to look thru my Amazon account to find the brand, but it was a perfect fit with no space on the top or the sides. It was to tight in my opinion. That little gap always helps IMO!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
The official Wiz screen protector that I got fit OK, but there was a miniscule gap and it did slightly bug my a-hole. I never used the touchscreen much on the Wiz so I'm now mildly perturbed that the Archos screen protector will not meet my admittedly anally exacting standards. Thanks for letting me know though - gives me something else to dwell on while I await my Pandora.

I've been using Pandora for ~3 weeks, but my Zagg's protector is already scratched all over. Is something wrong with my stylus?

Vitel said:
I've been using Pandora for ~3 weeks, but my Zagg's protector is already scratched all over. Is something wrong with my stylus?
Check the tip for paint or excess plastic. Rub it on a piece of paper to try and smooth it out a bit.

WizardStan said:
Vitel said:
Check the tip for paint or excess plastic. Rub it on a piece of paper to try and smooth it out a bit.

WTF, aren't those things like supposedly made out of self healing buck rodgers space suit material or something? I've seen the vids of some guy stabbing one with a fork and figured I could cultivate a new hobby after being frustrated by having my gonads shot off one too many times in some crappy FPS. If a stylus is tearing the plastic pile of shite to pieces a lot of us will be mighty annoyed. Reading that, I think ZAGG employee's life insurance premiums just went up - quick time to sell those Invisible Shield shares. Also, who fancies a trip up in a helicopter? That stuff was developed to protect helicopter blades, now I'm getting the impression Al-Queda just went out and stocked up on Pandora stylii as part of plan B.

hmm, i found this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3800

I hope it'll fit nicely.

I did have screen protector on my old Ipaq 5550 and hw6550. No scratch marks whatsoever even after heavy use and used my fingers most of the time, poking the screen with my nail for those accurate shots.

and a little gap is there for a reason - otherwise no way you can align and stick protector where it should be. You can't apply it vertically ;)

nagy said:
hmm, i found this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3800

I hope it'll fit nicely.

I did have screen protector on my old Ipaq 5550 and hw6550. No scratch marks whatsoever even after heavy use and used my fingers most of the time, poking the screen with my nail for those accurate shots.

and a little gap is there for a reason - otherwise no way you can align and stick protector where it should be. You can't apply it vertically ;)

If you look closely at the customer pics, you can see there IS a similar gap.

TitanUranus said:
WizardStan said:
Vitel said:

WTF, aren't those things like supposedly made out of self healing buck rodgers space suit material or something? I've seen the vids of some guy stabbing one with a fork and figured I could cultivate a new hobby after being frustrated by having my gonads shot off one too many times in some crappy FPS. If a stylus is tearing the plastic pile of shite to pieces a lot of us will be mighty annoyed. Reading that, I think ZAGG employee's life insurance premiums just went up - quick time to sell those Invisible Shield shares. Also, who fancies a trip up in a helicopter? That stuff was developed to protect helicopter blades, now I'm getting the impression Al-Queda just went out and stocked up on Pandora stylii as part of plan B.
Actually they are made of some kind of high-tech nonsense, but they can be scratched and whatnot, but that is so the actual screen won't get damaged. Screen protectors are just an added layer to what is being covered. If the screen protector gets to damaged, just remove it and install a new one. Better that, than the actual screen right?

Chris

Back