Screen Problem?

I certainly hope its a batch of boards and not second batch pandoras.
this thread:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55444-still-waiting-for-nubs-and-boards/
indicates that they are waiting on batches of boards.

It wouldn't make any sense to make 1st batchers wait on second batch pandoras just because they need repairs or replacements. If that was the case, you might as well put up with your problems till Christmas before sending your pandora in for replacement :/

Last edited by a moderator:
NickLoTurco said:
Okay, so they I sent it back and it got there Monday. Jac said she's waiting for Craig to let her know if it can be repaired or not. If it need to be replaced I have to wait until the next batch comes in, I assume she means the next batch within these first 4000? Anybody know when the next units or coming in? I thought I'd have it back within 2 or 3 weeks?? Not pissed off, just asking about!
You assume right, Jacquelyn does mean the next "sub-batch", so to speak. :)

I had a similar note about my currently-absent Pandora (I mentioned it in the thread that MonkeyChops linked to, funnily enough), and part of it answers your question: They're apparently expecting the new boards to arrive this week.

GizmoTheGreen said:
... at certain spots i get a blue tint to the screen.
I dont want to send it away though!

can i wait or do i have to do it now? :/

Mine just started doing this today too. Also my left nub is quite "gritty" from day 1 but I've been tolerating it. I'd also prefer to wait till after August, but I'm afraid the screen will die on me completely before then.

It would be pointless to send it back right now anyway, since there aren't any new boards to substitute anyway, correct? (Got my Pandora from ED by the way, not Craig)

EvilDragon said:
I got one or two left, yes.
OK, I sent an email to shop-at-gp2x.de

^ Craig's and ED's shops are separate so you'll have to wait for Jac to get back to you.

NickLoTurco said:
Hello guys, my Pandora has suddenly developed a problem whereby a slight tinge of purple has invaded my screen. It's around the windows on the desktop and even when I play games, everything is slightly darker with whites and greys having a tinge to them (purple ish!). I haven't been messing with the settings or anything so I guess it's a hardware problem with the LCD?

Hum, my Pandora started to have this behaviour today :(
The tint is more pink than purple, but when I close the device the tint become blue. I guess mixing the two giveyour the purplish tint.

I'll see how it goes, but I think I'll need to send it back :(

Back