Screen Problem?

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
Hello guys, my Pandora has suddenly developed a problem whereby a slight tinge of purple has invaded my screen. It's around the windows on the desktop and even when I play games, everything is slightly darker with whites and greys having a tinge to them (purple ish!). I haven't been messing with the settings or anything so I guess it's a hardware problem with the LCD?

NickLoTurco said:
Hello guys, my Pandora has suddenly developed a problem whereby a slight tinge of purple has invaded my screen. It's around the windows on the desktop and even when I play games, everything is slightly darker with whites and greys having a tinge to them (purple ish!). I haven't been messing with the settings or anything so I guess it's a hardware problem with the LCD?

It's the screen ribbon cable - I had the same problem. You'll need to send it back for replacement... but bear in mind the wait is currently long (been waiting three weeks for mine).

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, same problem here, you have to send it in, just a loose connection iirc

[edit] :ph34r: what he said

More likely it's the LCD cable. Try tilting the screen to various angles and see if you can make it go away at certain angles and such. If you're daring you can check to make sure it's seated properly on the motherboard. Otherwise it looks like you're going to be RMAing your Pandora.

As the guys said. See [topic='54673']this topic[/topic] and [topic='55091']this one[/topic] too for more info on this issue.

I really wonder how common is this, and what it depends on.

Yeah, can happen with some of the first 300 units - after that, we found out why it happens and fixed it :)

EvilDragon said:
Yeah, can happen with some of the first 300 units - after that, we found out why it happens and fixed it :)

Is it something that an owner of one of those first 300 can fix on their own, in a proactive manner?

mindlord said:
EvilDragon said:

Is it something that an owner of one of those first 300 can fix on their own, in a proactive manner?

I was told it would void the warrenty if you attempted to fix it yourself, so its up to you really.

As the LCD cable gets borked because it's squeezed in there, you can't do much unless you have a new LCD cable ready.
And a hinge. :)

My one nubber shows a similar issue, at certain spots i get a blue tint to the screen.
I dont want to send it away though!

can i wait or do i have to do it now? :/

NickLoTurco said:
So Michael, whilst you're here! I've sent Jac an e-mail but no reply as yet, how long can I expect to wait for a replacement/repair once the unit has arrived in Newcastle?

No idea. Jac is not working for me :)

Last edited:
GizmoTheGreen said:
My one nubber shows a similar issue, at certain spots i get a blue tint to the screen.
I dont want to send it away though!

can i wait or do i have to do it now? :/

Of course you can do it later.

Last edited:
MonkeyChops said:
I was told (by Jac) 5-10 days for repair once they receive it

I was told this too, but it's been three weeks.

good to know, guess I'll wait till after my vacation in 2 weeks to send it back. Although I can attest to the fact that the screen progressively gets much worse than just occasional purple tint at specific screen angles. Mine is now completely black unless I open it all the way and only rarely is there no flicker/discoloration problem. I hope it makes it 2 weeks :unsure:

Gah. well now my Pandora is doing it. although only when half open. I'll wait until things ae in a lull for Craig to RMA it, but I will be one sad Panda while it's away.

that how mine started, it's now to the point that I really have to play with to get it to work at all. It's completely black at all angles, if I move it back and forth I can sometimes get it on. just days before my vacation too :(

Okay, so they I sent it back and it got there Monday. Jac said she's waiting for Craig to let her know if it can be repaired or not. If it need to be replaced I have to wait until the next batch comes in, I assume she means the next batch within these first 4000? Anybody know when the next units or coming in? I thought I'd have it back within 2 or 3 weeks?? Not pissed off, just asking about!

Back