PTOD questions

Viral18

My Pandora has got the PTOD (purple tint of death) for the second time (well, my first Pandora was replaced for this problem). I was just wondering whether the new 'tougher' LCD cables as mentioned here:

http://pandorapress.net/2011/04/16/the-end-of-purple-tint/

Are being used in repairs or replacements?

If so, is now a bad time to organise a repair/replacement of my unit? (I ordered from Craigix)

Thanks.

next time please scroll down in support forum for similar threads

Last edited by a moderator:
next time please scroll down in support forum for similar threads

I did read it, but that thread is pretty much closed (problem sorted out), relates only to ED's customers and doesn't address concerns regarding the type of LCD being used for repairs/replacements, as I don't really want to send a third one back with PTOD :p .

[Edit:]

Why not have a sticky thread for PTOD, it seems to have afflicted quite a few Pandora (Pandorae?) and people like me would stop making new threads each time.

problem is long fixed if youre wondering, they dont use the old cables anymore, new cabled fixed ptod, and while ed is very busy atm, hes extremey friendly and will take care of you, just follow directions in the post i posted. also, it doesnt matter who you ordered from, ED seems to be the better bet to take right now for replacing lcd cables according to many rma customers

problem is long fixed if youre wondering, they dont use the old cables anymore, new cabled fixed ptod, and while ed is very busy atm, hes extremey friendly and will take care of you, just follow directions in the post i posted. also, it doesnt matter who you ordered from, ED seems to be the better bet to take right now for replacing lcd cables according to many rma customers
Okay, thanks. I wasn't sure if they were through the old cables yet. The only thing with going through ED is that it would incur additional shipping costs and waiting time -though yeah, he probably is the better bet. :)

Just out of curiosity, when did you receive your replacement unit?
It was actually around about this time last year, hence why I wasn't sure if I'd want it replaced right away if the old cables were still used, as it's a slow deterioration I feel may happen to more of the older units than may be realised.

Just out of curiosity, when did you receive your replacement unit?
It was actually around about this time last year, hence why I wasn't sure if I'd want it replaced right away if the old cables were still used, as it's a slow deterioration I feel may happen to more of the older units than may be realised.
That's way before they started using the newer cables. I can't provide a source link, but I recall that all units shipped since around March/April this year have the newer cables. I'll be shipping my own unit for PTOD repair soon as well (It's going to be so hard to be without my Pandora again :( ).

Back