Sci Studio?

Porting SCI would be great, but this has been talked about a lot. I've already taken my anger out on someone else, so I'm happy to be reasonable about this post. :)

SCI Studio is for creating SCI games, not playing them unfortunately, although I appreciate the link, I didn't realise that SS had released the source code. FreeSCI has a bit more potential, however. They're finally getting to the stage where LSL1VGA style games are playable, and all old type in based SCI games work perfectly (although playing those sorts of games on the 2x makes me cringe without a tiny keyboard. :) ).

Allan.

I already tried playing a couple in OutcaST and it was painful, to put it mildly. That Provinciano chap has a workable setup for the GBA AGI port, though, and that might work for SCI games as well.

Ravnos posted on Mar 7 2006 at 03:46 AM said:
I already tried playing a couple in OutcaST and it was painful, to put it mildly. That Provinciano chap has a workable setup for the GBA AGI port, though, and that might work for SCI games as well.
AGI and SCI are completely different game engines.

There was a port of FreeSCI for the GP32 and I believe sweetlilmre was planning on porting this to the GP2X.

btw, Awsome news about SCI Studio VGA finally being released. I gave up on it a few months back and decided Brian was a $%^$%$ for requesting large donations to possibly recieve a beta version of the program. It's released now and all is well again. Now to rip those Space Quest games apart... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Muncher666 posted on Mar 6 2006 at 08:59 PM said:
Rav at

Is it a virtual keyboard thing or verb/noun/adjective pick list?

Allan.

verb/noun/adjective pick list.

Javacat posted on Mar 7 2006 at 05:39 AM said:
Ravnos posted on Mar 7 2006 at 03:46 AM said:
AGI and SCI are completely different game engines.
Which really has nothing at all to do with my point. My point was that typing shit in with a virtual keyboard is tedious, and so a system similar to the one used in GBAGI could be applied to a FreeSCI port to make things less painful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back