Scariest Computer / Console Game

I dont usually play commercial games.

Probably the scariest game that I can think of right now is Abuse.

Admit it, the sound effects in there are pretty creepy.

I think I'm going to dust off Eternal Darkness and play it again... :) (If you complete it three times you get the super special ending).

Here's hoping that ED: Sanity's Redemption comes out - or was that just another "sanity effect"?

For njow, it is a sanity effect ;) However, the team currently works on Too Human, which looks really sweet, too!

Is that the one with that tree that looks like a hammer, silicon knights just finished Metal Gear Solid TS and theyve already finished most of too human, so ED2 is possible, but i dont think silicon knights are the sort to make the same game more than once. I mean ED, Too Human and MGSTS are all completely different games

The new game the suffering is supposed to be the scariest game ever.
idk, never played it, scary games are scary :rolleyes:

Id go for silent hill one.... when that lil bell starts ringing :unsure:.

And there was alien vs predator i think, the enemies never came out at the same place so they always pop up wen ur not expectin em :p.

Even metal gear solid - sons of liberty freaked me out at the end tho. really weird the first time round.

I played dooms 3 on the last day of a 3 day lan without sleeping and it made me jump up and i ran away to my sleeping fellows. other than that silent hill was pretty scary. oh and not to forget alien vs. predator as a marine. you walk through the rooms and just hear a klicking noise which tells you that the enemys are coming closer :ph34r:

It's interesting to hear people actually feel scared by playing certain video games. I'll admit, I haven't played all the games that have mentioned here, so I can't even be sure that I wouldn't even get scared playing some of the afore mentioned titles. But still, I find it hard to believe you guys were actually scared enough by these games. About the only only game that ever got into my head was Doom. But that was just an initially, I was just fine afterwards. Wasn't used to stereo headphones with sounds that were actually channelled.

*Dc*hardcoregamez posted on Mar 31 2004 at 11:02 PM said:
Splinter Cell 2 Pandora Tomorrow
WTF how can Splinter Cell give you nightmares?? :D hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
kknd_cf posted on Apr 1 2004 at 08:44 PM said:
Silent Hill games suck imo I mean they're simply not interesting or entertaining! WTF is the point in them.  :angry:
I must admit I enjoy them but I prefer Metal Gear Solid games (manga style graphics and tonnes of humor).

EDIT

Hmm my post makes no sense. When I read the post I have quoted and replied to last night (after copious amounts of beer), I could have sworn it said Splinter Cell rather than Silent Hill. Doh me. :blink:

Anyway while I'm here the most scariest video game I've played would probably be Doom on the Playstation. The reason I say Playstation is because when it came out on the PC my dad didn't have a sound card and that really killed the scare factor (also on the Playstation it had freaky tense music - some of which contained crying babies).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back