Tell me What the Scariest Horror Movie is...

well everyone i know said the ring was the scariest but by the time i saw it it didnt live up to the hype.

evil dead 2 and 3 are classics and some of the best comedies ever.

the new texas chainsaw massacre is better than the old if u ask me.

LOL braindead is a good film to laugh, but its not scary ;) but VERY gory. I think its the goriest film ever (!)

If you want to frighten yourself, go watch Ringu (I didnt dare to watch it myself :p)
If you want to see blood and limbs flying around, go watch Braindead or Bad Taste ;)

is that Ringu in Japanese with English Subtitles??? sounds like a Japanese film... hhmmm

Twimfy posted on Dec 23 2003 at 12:53 PM said:
Ring (the Japanese original) is THE scariest movie in existence. Nothing else in this world scares me other than spiders and nuclear bombs.
wasn't that scary :D hehe. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Its got to be The Shining....deffinitly hands down the scariest film I have ever seen. Followed by The Omen or maybe Dont Look Now (That red coated dwarf is burned into memory!)

NssOne posted on Dec 22 2003 at 09:29 PM said:
Well, if you want scary movies, how about Fried Green Tomatos? I mean, that movie gave me a month's worth of nightmares after seeing that.
agreed.
they made us watch it in school and then write a review for it. my friend hated it so much thst he refused to write it!

Klown posted on Dec 23 2003 at 05:28 PM said:
The most uncut copy of Cannibal Holocaust you can find or Men behind the sun.
No, No, No, No. I have seen bits from both of these and they aren't scary, they're just wrong.

Twimfy posted on Dec 23 2003 at 08:51 PM said:
Klown posted on Dec 23 2003 at 05:28 PM said:
The most uncut copy of Cannibal Holocaust you can find or Men behind the sun.
No, No, No, No. I have seen bits from both of these and they aren't scary, they're just wrong.
agreed. avoid like the plague...

Klown posted on Dec 24 2003 at 10:59 AM said:
So horror movies can't sicken you and leave you feeling very shocked? I thought that was the main idea you know, not a few cheap jump scares.
Yeah that is the idea, but despite being a person who never really gives a shit, I do have a few moral boundaries which I don't like to be pushed. Besides they never really made me feel sick or shocked anyway - I'm fairly desensitised.

AND I don't find the horror genre appealing anyway so I have no idea why I'm posting here :p

Back