Scared Or Uninterested

I think that the "checkmark" thing is a good idea - or perhaps, have the ratings for the older version of the emulator appear as faded until somebody confirms them or changes them.

Alpha2 posted on Aug 26 2005 at 10:45 PM said:
I didn't immediatly under stand the Star rating vs review system at first, it was only after posting a few that I started to realize the point of the rating was for "how good the game itself was" and not "how good it was running in the Emulator" which seemed more sensible to me because why would I bother saying "great game, shame it dosent run in this emulator."?
You'd be surprised at the number of people on my site who rated games a 10 because 'they're fun' when they didn't even RUN on the emulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rico posted on Sep 4 2005 at 12:11 AM said:
You'd be surprised at the number of people on my site who rated games a 10 because 'they're fun' when they didn't even RUN on the emulator.

Actually that's fine, as the rate system is independant of if the game runs or not.

I think Rico's site had only ONE rating. I like the 2-rating system better (except that the rating that's for the quality of the game itself shouldn't reset for each new emulator version). :)

By the way, could Castaway and Tuskenraider's Lynx emulator be added as well please?

Since my last post (which was somewhat critical) I've registred on the site and contributed to it - I guess the only thing I needed to get straight, was that the information of previous lists didn't get "lost".

The thing about the checkmark idea is actually nice, since it would make it alot easier to simply verify older data for a newer version... Not that it's overly hard to update, but the green/yellow/red icons are very useful to quickly overlook a game list for what works and doesn't :)

I like Esn's "faded old-data"-idea... That way you could have a very useful (easy readable) list even for the latest emu-versions.

Also... since I'm now a registered user (and thus log-in on the site), is there anyway for the site to remember my setting for how many games per page it displays... I start out setting it on 100 anyway.
Ofcource only if it's not to much trouble ;)

WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 4 2005 at 05:05 AM said:
Actually that's fine, as the rate system is independant of if the game runs or not.
Uh-huh, I was just justifying the 2-rating system to Alpha2 based on my experience :)

The two rating system is fine I suppose, it just didn't naturally occur to me that it worked that way that's all. It raises the function of the site to something a little more than just a compatability list.

I haven't used or contributed to the list as I've mainly been playing gp32_console stuff, but I see you have a section for that that is mainly undone so I'll give that a go. I don't know what to put for my gp32_console type though - mine is a BLU that occasionally thinks its a BLU+ :lol:

I think that the answer is 1. Some Emu are not being used by our community.

Back