Rubber Feet?

ashdjones

o_O
Very simple question - does it have them? Useful for keeping steady on tables and all that jazz. I notice most, if not all clamshell handhelds have them in some form.

It looks like it does.
phoca_thumb_l_Pandora%20from%20Bottom.jpg

If the image didn't load click here.

bananajamslam said:
Personally I prefer not having the rubber feet as they always seem to come off anyways.
You can glue them back on.
The Pandora feet looks like plastic that wont come off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those feet are likely plastic and are part of the case mould. Their only purpose is to stop scratches on the back. It shouldn't be that much of a problem to add them if you had to have rubber feet... they're just peel and stick.

bananajamslam said:
Personally I prefer not having the rubber feet as they always seem to come off anyways.
So your argument against them is not that they are not useful, but that they don't stay on.
Well then, if they stay on, they continue to be useful, so you have nothing to complain about.
If they fall off, then you no longer have them, and you get your wish, so you have nothing to complain about.
So what are you complaining about? :p

greendots said:
Those feet are likely plastic and are part of the case mould. Their only purpose is to stop scratches on the back. It shouldn't be that much of a problem to add them if you had to have rubber feet... they're just peel and stick.

If they'll be part of the case mould how could they stop scratches? Also they'll allow air flow which means more life for pandora.
It's not like you can't buy them everywhere. I don't see the point of the tread.

So there won't be another thread:

Color? Chemical composition? Mass? Dielectrical properties? Environment limits? Audio damping? Life expectations? Gravitational influence on the pandora itself and the rest of the universe?

http://pandorawiki.org/IRC for these kind of questions.

Could someone made a sticky with questions that shouldn't be asked in the forums? It makes searching a hell.

trendy said:
If they'll be part of the case mould how could they stop scratches?
They keep the flat surface of the case slightly raised off the surface of the table, keeping it from moving around over any debris that might scratch it. It won't stop the feet from being scratched, obviously, but the idea is to sacrifice them for the greater good. :D

Sphinxter said:
Fair question, I'd vote no rubber feet, it's handheld, not tabletop. They would impair the sliding into and out of a pocket too.
Rubber feet would work good it your watching a movie.

You wouldn't care about rubber feet while watching a movie, because you're most likely not typing on it
or doing sth else that could make it rock. The case wouldn't move even on uneven surfaces. If the OP
is sitting on rough surface however rubber feet would indeed be of some help for people wanting to type
using more than two fingers. Or maybe you fancy watching movies on your washing machine. Or on the
dashboard of your Unimog, who knows.

An important argument against the feet is sliding in and out of your pocket. I would hate the rubber feet
for making that difficult.

As mentioned above, it's a very easy and affordable mod you can do on your own. Maybe someone has a link
to very flat ones and a bottle of super glue.

WolfSpider said:
It looks like it does.

(image)

I don't see any feet. Just the stylus and the battery cover clips. Am I missing something?

Pleng said:
WolfSpider said:
It looks like it does.

(image)

I don't see any feet. Just the stylus and the battery cover clips. Am I missing something?
Only the feet.

WolfSpider said:
Sphinxter said:
Fair question, I'd vote no rubber feet, it's handheld, not tabletop. They would impair the sliding into and out of a pocket too.
Rubber feet would work good it your watching a movie.
Stick them to the table and set your pandora on them

Pleng said:
WolfSpider said:
It looks like it does.

(image)

i couldnt see them at first... they're tiny little circles. not the usual size. just like pin heads.

I see screw holes that people are mistaking for feet. No there will be no rubber feet... this is a no frills gadget.

BackAssward said:
I see screw holes that people are mistaking for feet. No there will be no rubber feet... this is a no frills gadget.

I see screw holes that are being mistaken for people mistaking them for feet, and then I also see feet. Or toes, maybe. They're very small.

3956822828_3bd11e6d36.jpg

There are feet there. Top-right, top-left, bottom-left. The bottom-right is cut off in the pic though. But they're there alright.

Edit: Ahh, I was too slow. ^^;

kuru said:
An important argument against the feet is sliding in and out of your pocket. I would hate the rubber feet
for making that difficult.

As mentioned above, it's a very easy and affordable mod you can do on your own. Maybe someone has a link
to very flat ones and a bottle of super glue.

If the case don't accept a rubber feet it's a design problem if it needs them, which is not the case here as it won't get that hot. It's OMAP not Intel/AMD. I wonder which will get the hottest? The processor, SGX530, RAM or TWL4030. It'd like MWeston to answer if its possible to top their maximum with a crappy SD card?

The bottom of a case that should have bumpers will always look like this (red are bumpers):
bottom.gif

For those interested in bumpers for other devices or those that they'll use pandora as a portable server(no joke):
Something like this should be easy to find. BumponTM Protective Products for quality.
Also you don't need glue for bumpers, I didn't even saw one that needed it.

I would apply some for the purpose of not scratching if the case is pro-bumpers. Also it makes less noise on some surfaces (something I don't think someone else around here even care about) and puts more friction. I think someone said it's hard to scratch, but might have been some other project. Personally I would prefer to be able to put them, but it shouldn't have any change in my enjoyment of it. I'll probably mod the case anyway.

WizardStan said:
bananajamslam said:
So your argument against them is not that they are not useful, but that they don't stay on.
Well then, if they stay on, they continue to be useful, so you have nothing to complain about.
If they fall off, then you no longer have them, and you get your wish, so you have nothing to complain about.
So what are you complaining about? :p

I wasn't aware that an opinion was considered a complaint.

Back