Dosbox

If I remember correctly, and it has been a LONG TIME, DOS can't have spaces in directory names, or it can but you need either an underscore, _, or maybe it is a tidle, ~ to replace the space. In the end it is just easier to rename the directory to simply 'jazz' and then try to cd into it.

So first with xfce go to the folder 'jazz rabbit' and rename that folder to 'jazz' then:

Code:
cd jazz

To run it after that you need to know what the executable is named, when you know that you would just type that. Since it is dos it is probably just jazz or jazzrabbit.
Now I've tried that (renaming) but says it's not possible...
Did you mount what you want to use as the c drive yet?

Code:
mount c c:\whatever your games are in

Do this, type everything you type to get to where you are, if we know exactly what you type it might be easier to help you.

Also, did you look at some videos like I suggested? Those explain what is going on.

EDIT: Where are you when you try to cd into jazz? What comes before what you type? Is it

Code:
Z:\>

or

Code:
C:\>

If it is anything other than C then you need to:

Code:
cd c

first and then

Code:
cd jazz

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd use DOSboxfe to automount my directory games, and then tried to change c:/ cd jazzy (I called it jazzy, don't know why) but it didnt' work..

But how do you use : on the pandora?

If C is auto mounted then you don't need to use : at all. Start it up, the front end anyway, and type this, nothing else:

Code:
cd jazzy

and what does it give you after that?

If C is auto mounted then you don't need to use : at all. Start it up, the front end anyway, and type this, nothing else:

Code:
cd jazzy

and what does it give you after that?
Unable to change to: jazzy
Do you have a folder called jazzy where the front end auto mounts c? I think dir lists all the folders, so try just typing dir:

Code:
dir

It says:

0 file(s)

2 dir(s)
Do yo have two dos games? Try:

Code:
dir /ad

This is a dos command, that should list the directories. I don't know why it just told you there were two rather than just telling you what they were with just 'dir'.

It says:

0 file(s)

2 dir(s)

Code:
dir /ad

This is a dos command, that should list the directories. I don't know why it just told you there were two rather than just telling you what they were with just 'dir'.
Not quite sure I've follow the last one, but anywyas. I get the same, and no names

And I only have one game

It says:

0 file(s)

2 dir(s)

Code:
dir /ad

Not quite sure I've follow the last one, but anywyas. I get the same, and no names

And I only have one game
Hmm, it is seeing two directories, I think, I don't know why it would not list them. Try this:

Code:
dir/w

This comes form the dosbox wiki, it will give you a wide view, not sure if that means it lists names instead of gives numbers.

EDIT: If that does not list 'jazzy' then type this:

Code:
cd c

and then type

Code:
cd jazzy

I get [.] [..]

0 file(s) 0 bytes.

2 dir(s) 262,111,744 bytes free

I don't know why it won't list the directories.

Yeah, try

Code:
cd /jazzy

and see what that does like Prometheus said.

If that doesn't work I'd go through and make sure that everything is in the right place, read the readme and organize everything like it says.

EDIT: I don't know what the front end is for if you still need to type all this stuff in manually. I'm confused as to the advantage of it.

Can it be that when I used dBOXfe it didn't mount where the games are? And instead mounted my drive and it only sees my SD cards?

EDIT: HOW DO I GET SEMI COLON ON DOSBOX!?!?

Can it be that when I used dBOXfe it didn't mount where the games are? And instead mounted my drive and it only sees my SD cards?
It should not be this difficult, I think you put the games in the wrong directory on your SD card. Did you read the readme?

I don't have a Pandora so I can't be of more help. It does sound like you need to read the readme though.

It should not be this difficult, I think you put the games in the wrong directory on your SD card. Did you read the readme?

I don't have a Pandora so I can't be of more help. It does sound like you need to read the readme though.
I did read the readme, and as you said before, I'm more a visual person...

but I will give it a go and see were I spilt my milk :p

EDIT: Yeah, I gave it a go and now I'm cleaning up my brain smeared wall from my head exploding...

Also, did you get dosbox from here? That is the most recent emulators for the Pandora. Maybe you're just using an old version?

My director looks like this now

/media/<sdcard>/pandora/appdata/dosbox/games/jazzy

is this right?

Back