Rubber Feet?

bananajamslam said:
WizardStan said:
bananajamslam said:
Personally I prefer not having the rubber feet as they always seem to come off anyways.
So your argument against them is not that they are not useful, but that they don't stay on.
Well then, if they stay on, they continue to be useful, so you have nothing to complain about.
If they fall off, then you no longer have them, and you get your wish, so you have nothing to complain about.
So what are you complaining about? :p

I wasn't aware that an opinion was considered a complaint.
welcome to teh intarwebz, enjoy your stay

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose one option would be to get something you could shove into the screw holes. A quick search turned up a few results, but I don't think any would fit or would be desirable. Might not be a bad idea to carve out your own out of some rubber cord or something.

I've never been a fan of double sided tape, especially the mess it makes when the adhesive degrades and the foot falls off. Gooey.

67782726.jpg

?

Sorry, I've never heard the term "rubber feet" before. ;)

lulzfish said:
BackAssward said:
I see screw holes that people are mistaking for feet. No there will be no rubber feet... this is a no frills gadget.
I see screw holes that are being mistaken for people mistaking them for feet, and then I also see feet. Or toes, maybe. They're very small.
Those things your circled? They look like screws to me, as I stated.

BackAssward said:
lulzfish said:
BackAssward said:
I see screw holes that people are mistaking for feet. No there will be no rubber feet... this is a no frills gadget.
I see screw holes that are being mistaken for people mistaking them for feet, and then I also see feet. Or toes, maybe. They're very small.

Wow, really? Those are obviously the rubber feet. There's not even a ridge on them to indicate a place to stick a screwdriver! :huh:

The Nintendo DS has rubber feet and I've never had a problem with it sliding in my pocket...

HealyHQ said:
BackAssward said:
Wow, really? Those are obviously the rubber feet. There's not even a ridge on them to indicate a place to stick a screwdriver! :huh:
Pretty sure they're plastic feet... or toes. If they were rubber, the whole bottom would have to be rubber, since it's molded in. But yeah, there's no way those are screws. Even if they were rivets they'd be separate from the rest of the model.

Probably easier to tell on the larger photo: Link

trendy said:
Color? Chemical composition? Mass? Dielectrical properties? Environment limits? Audio damping? Life expectations? Gravitational influence on the pandora itself and the rest of the universe?

is the pandora eventually going to experience proton decay? I need this information urgently

Now, i see the rubber Feets too, but they are so smal that thy dont make any problems, and i would usualy carry my pandora in the backpack or in the side bag of my pant, like my cell phone.. B)

atomicthumbs said:
trendy said:
Color? Chemical composition? Mass? Dielectrical properties? Environment limits? Audio damping? Life expectations? Gravitational influence on the pandora itself and the rest of the universe?

is the pandora eventually going to experience proton decay? I need this information urgently

i'd be a little more worried about beta particle decay.

Xian Long said:
atomicthumbs said:
trendy said:

i'd be a little more worried about beta particle decay.
pfft, that SAR levels can be lowered with the panda Case made with Lead.

worry when you have to deal with Gamma emision. maybe the panda team can buy some AP and turn the Uranium on some kind of shield for the 2.0 Case.

(XD, srry i couldn resist, theres nothing going up one this forum these days)

i still have a strip of rubber feet, gray, very alike to those used above the screws on laptop Display mounting.

Probably wont come with rubber feet but if you hit craigx up with a couple of quid he might throw in some usb foot warmers

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/sku191731.jpg/

puppydee said:
Probably wont come with rubber feet but if you hit craigx up with a couple of quid he might throw in some usb foot warmers

Up close, it looks like two cartoon pigs, but from far away, it looks like a cross-eyed Pokemon.

puppydee said:

wOOt .. Now that's what I need on the pandora. D-Bus messages about it's feet.

there should be a how to waste your pandoras mAh thru USB port Devices

lights, fans, humping dogs, and now foot warmers. what will be next? portable USB Showers?? (this last one is a pun that we used while fixing computer Power supplys)

Back