Best Snes Rpg For Our Gp32?

DarkAeden

What rpg do you like the most from snes console to be played on our gp32?
Thats my list:
- Chrono Trigger (i played on my pc and now i just begin it on my gp32)
- Terranigma (just finished)
- Final Fantasy 6
- Seiken Densetsu 3 (dont works good on os9xgp0.2, gfx errors)
- Star Ocean???Does it works?? Maeby on snes9xgp?
- Tales of Phantasia???idem as before...
and yours?

DarkAeden :blink:

why? Does chrono trigger has problems on the gp32? I just begin it....no problems....there are probs?

x falken80:
soleil its for sega genesis.... <_< :D
....so better story of thor....but it wont work on the gp32!!!

I found Seiken Densetsu 3 fine up to the God Beasts but then copied my save file to the PC to get the whole immersive effect when fighting 'em :)

Illusion of Gaia has some transparency issues but plays well.

nihil-00
yes im italian too!!!Ciao, anche tu hai sto gp32? Ehehe!Finalmente qualche italiano!

lizard808uk
but you tried Seiken on 0.2 or 0.1? The intro menu on 0.2 its all wrong! There are some trasparency effects.

in 0.2 set the graphic filter to 16 bpp then Seiken should work.

The transparency issues I've had trouble with are at specifically the shade sub boss and the god beasts (where I switched to PC). You can still get it to work by turning off certain bacgrounds in the Hack settings section of os9xgp 0.2

I have to truthfully say that ULTIMA VI is the one I've played/enjoyed most, and the reason why it's probably better than all the rest is because it's completely non-linear & the game world is completely emmersive

all the other FF style rpg's seem to be made in the same mould - still good tho

*puts on flame proof jacket*

frolik posted on Jul 29 2004 at 07:41 PM said:
I have to truthfully say that ULTIMA VI is the one I've played/enjoyed most, and the reason why it's probably better than all the rest is because it's completely non-linear & the game world is completely emmersive

all the other FF style rpg's seem to be made in the same mould - still good tho

*puts on flame proof jacket*
If you like Ultima VI I recommend you play Ultima VII on PC (the SNES version doesn't do it justice), best RPG ever as far as I'm concerned.

My favourites:
Chrono Trigger
Seiken Densetsu 3
Bahamut Lagoon
Earthbound

Last edited by a moderator:
thebluenewt posted on Jul 29 2004 at 07:47 PM said:
If you like Ultima VI I recommend you play Ultima VII on PC (the SNES version doesn't do it justice), best RPG ever as far as I'm concerned.

My favourites:
Chrono Trigger
Seiekn Densetsu 3
Bahamut Lagoon
Earthbound
I second you TOTALY on all that ;) including the list of the best RPG ;p

you obviously didn't notice my enthusiasm in the U7 port request thread :) hmm speaking of which......

that game f-ing rules, but I couldn't stomach it on the snes

frolik posted on Jul 29 2004 at 08:06 PM said:
you obviously didn't notice my enthusiasm in the U7 port request thread :) hmm speaking of which......

that game f-ing rules, but I couldn't stomach it on the snes
Heh, I just noticed now!

I can't believe they removed all the blood for starters, it was fun throwing buckets of it at Iolo...

hey sebastian...what kind of rpg is Crusader of Centy??

Zelda Clone, except with magic animals.

My vote for best SNES RPG for GP32 would be Lufia 2. Heart-warming story (crappy translation aside), excellent music, addicting optional 100-level dungeon.

My old choice was Final Fantasy 6, but unlike Lufia 2, the story kinda "ends" half-way through the game.

Chrono Trigger has an interesting story, but either the translation is poor or the game itself has problems pulling it together. The result is kinda "choppy".

However, story and music are the two most important things to me in an RPG, in that order. If I needed to put it in order, it would be (from most important to least)

English (I don't like RPGs which aren't in English)
Story
Music
Overall Gameplay (IE, "Fun Factor")
Replay Value
Innovation (IE, new stuff)
Anime Style (I like anime style games)
Repetitiveness (I hate games that make you fight 1000 battles inbetween bosses)
Game Flow (I hate games that have slow load times)
User Interface (IE, "Ease of Use")
Girls with glasses (I think they're cute)
The colour of the main character's hair
The Box It Came In
Design on the CD
Other Stuff
Game's Graphics

So besides if it's anime style or not, I couldn't care less about the game's graphics.

Back