Release Rockbox as an app

I found a bug. It seems that the nubs still control the cursor so when you move the cursor with the left nub the touchscreen becomes decalibrated and I have to restart Rockbox to fix the problem. Rockbox should disable nubs when launching just like Mupen64plus. I'm not sure how Mupen64plus achieves this but you can take a look at the PND: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,382

I would also like to request that the left and right shoulders operate the same as left and right on the dpad and that the interface is fully operational with the keyboard (I don't like using the touchscreen in WPS). I have used Rockbox on an iPod and Sansa e200 in the past and recall that there are keys for the WPS functions that the Pandora can currently only access with the touchscreen (such as exiting WPS, viewing playlist and entering the context menu). I recommend using the X button for exiting and entering WPS, Y for viewing playlist and A for context menu (I am referring to the buttons right of the right nub not the keyboard).

Thanks for your work on Rockbox, its the best music player for Pandora at the moment!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to specify a specific folder for Rockbox to builkd it's tag cache... It currently read every single file. I'd rather be able to set SD/music and just have these files as the tag cache.

My feedback:

- In options could we have the option to remove next track text, it's just a lot of text on the screen.

- Scrolling flickers when playing a track with filename longer than the screen

- If the filename contains "-" the looping of the track filename gets confusing where the start and end are since it uses "-" as well.

- Default directory links to SD Card 1 and 2 for now, other attached devices later

Is it possible to specify a specific folder for Rockbox to builkd it's tag cache... It currently read every single file. I'd rather be able to set SD/music and just have these files as the tag cache.

I've found a reasonable workaround is to add your music folder as the start location using the File browser context menu.

Additionally I've noticed some stuttering in playback recently... I may have messed with some settings, so maybe I broke it... I'll try resetting to default, etc.

Are the crackle-noises already fixed? I can't read it anywhere, yet when I excessively used Pandora/Rockbox in my holidays, I could not notice any distortions like before.

I noticed some crackle when I was sitting on the train this morning, but since I was listening to flac's of Plastikman, I'm not sure whether it is supposed to be like that :)

I noticed some crackle when I was sitting on the train this morning, but since I was listening to flac's of Plastikman, I'm not sure whether it is supposed to be like that :)

Nope, the crackle is there. It's why I don't use this app. A pity as the interface is great.

I could be wrong, but I think I had the crackle when I had wifi turned on, and none when the wifi was turned off. I suspect, and I stress again I could be wrong, that the crackle could be associated with other background activity, such as the wifi looking for a connection. I've had no problem with Rockbox since ensuring that wifi was turned off before using it.

Try again with as little as possible running in the background and you may have better luck.

I accept that having to shut down everything on your Pandora before launching may be inconvenient, but personally I'm a big fan of Rockbox on the Pandora (and on my Sansa clip for that matter) because it seems to be only method by which I can play my m3u playlists.

Screw the crackling noise.

I want database to scan relative to /media/ instead of /...

Its a damn 2-line-fix and I already did it for the Android Version of Rockbox myself... but due to life being busy I didn't get to recompile it myself for Pandora yet. >_>

That's what I said, you get crackling when it's on. Try when it's off (and there's no other background tasks running).
Interesting, that might be it: I also hear the cracks on my headphones without rockbox running at all. I suspected this might be a hardware issue.

Will try again with the WIFI off.

btw: Thanks ED for fixing the forum email notifications.

Back