Rip Nintendo

Hmmmm... I am not a fanboy of any system. As a collector I just buy them all and play the games that are most fun or to my liking no matter what system they are on.

Maybe the DS will have the better games and a lot of people will prefer the DS without even looking at the PSP just for the Nintendo games. But when looking at the total picture of all things presented up until now (PSP being a portable PS2, DS being a portable N64/GC) you just have to look at the sales figures of the consoles they are based on to see which one the masses will buy, and therefore will get the most publisher support. And the 'masses' nowadays are the mature gamers and no longer the 14year olds.

I don't think the DS will fail and I doubt the PSP will outsell the GBA, but I do think the PSP will eventually outsell the DS. Of course only time will tell.

Edit: Btw. anybody want to take a shot at what the changes are for the 'new and improved' N-GAGE QD now that we have seen the DS and the PSP :lol:

Azure had a point with the PSP = PS2 thing. People are only going to buy one or the other. This is a risky move that MIGHT extend Sony's market, but might inadvertently lead to more DS sales from non-fanboy PS2 owners.

Rico posted on May 13 2004 at 04:05 PM said:
Azure had a point with the PSP = PS2 thing. People are only going to buy one or the other. This is a risky move that MIGHT extend Sony's market, but might inadvertently lead to more DS sales from non-fanboy PS2 owners.
Yes, exactly. Who's going to buy a game on PS2 and then buy it again on PSP?

Last edited by a moderator:
how the heck can the psp technically work without burning up your hand. i mean the DS is posible without fans and such and its split into two sides, but the psp is one big block of meltdown.

Phil posted on May 14 2004 at 07:06 PM said:
how the heck can the psp technically work without burning up your hand. i mean the DS is posible without fans and such and its split into two sides, but the psp is one big block of meltdown.
dont worry, they'll bring out a psp es or some shit, to fix the problem, pissing off all the people who bought the damn thing on launch day. no wait......

does anyone know if the DS actually has an emu of the N64? or do you just hope your favorite games come out for it?

and a little off topic but did that nintendo Ique or something flop?

First off the reasons the DS pics look granier is coz Nintendo have begun demos by posrting N64 games, SONY have ported PS2 grafix so they are gonna look better

and any PSP supporters get ready to cry

psp9.jpg

Thats not a portable machine, its HUGE, its GINORMOUS infact. And a UMB? wat aloada crap, u cannot have a CD on a portablle machine, itll scratch,skip, damn near snap, whereas cartridges are just better

I think the DS will definatly deserve to win but it wont, UNLESS there isnt a market for the PSP. Think about it, the PS2 suceeded coz it had GTA (dont deny it) and other such 'grown up' games, so this would imply that a majority of its users are in the age range of 16-25 (all my m8s have PS2 s except for me) but what sort of average towny gamer wants a handheld, answer: very few, coz ure mates will rip the piss outta u, coz handheld machines are considered a very Nintendo thing and teenagers think Nintendo is childish so they think handhelds are childish

Thats my opinion, and as u can see i AM A FANBOY, to the max of Ninty fanboyism!!

About the overheating thing....

Dunno, Processors are makeing leaps and bounds in terms of performance VS heat, They've either succeeded in makeing a nice hardware combo with little heat, Or they've put a small quiet fan (very small) in there to give it a little air somehow.

Why the hate and paranoia over it? First it can break easily, now it'll overheat? I'd expect a little more system tolerance from a metal slug fan ya know.

Edit: Good lord man, fix that post, it's makeing me have to scroll sideways, also, notice the guy who is holding the PSP has an asian-ish skin tone, not meant to be offensive or a stereotype, but they tend to have a smaller build frame and hands than us naturally, plus it's very close to the camera. (It's about, what? 12 centimeters bigger than the DS according to the physical diminsions?)

Thats not a portable machine, its HUGE, its GINORMOUS infact. And a UMB? wat aloada crap, u cannot have a CD on a portablle machine, itll scratch,skip, damn near snap, whereas cartridges are just better

UMD, it can't scratch because it's in a protective sleeve, ala a mini-disc or a diskette, It's been argued to death, It works, and is NOT a CD.

Skipping, There have been many advancements in anti-skip tech, and due to the way the UMD is made, it will not skip unless you are dirt bikeing down a rock and sand paper hill.

ANd about snapping, if you can't properly take care of a UMD Or mini disc, I don't think carts are exactly safe either.

I think the DS will definatly deserve to win but it wont, UNLESS there isnt a market for the PSP. Think about it, the PS2 suceeded coz it had GTA (dont deny it) and other such 'grown up' games, so this would imply that a majority of its users are in the age range of 16-25 (all my m8s have PS2 s except for me) but what sort of average towny gamer wants a handheld, answer: very few, coz ure mates will rip the piss outta u, coz handheld machines are considered a very Nintendo thing and teenagers think Nintendo is childish so they think handhelds are childish

Again, wrong. The majority of the SP fan base in indeed in the middle ranges of age, the PS2 fan base is more of 13-19 weirdly. I think neither will win but will do well, there are no winners, this is marketing and business, if profits are made, they both win.

Thats my opinion, and as u can see i AM A FANBOY, to the max of Ninty fanboyism!!

Being a fan is one thing, Spewing out blatantly wrong information and ill informed opinions is another, and PLEASE stop with the wording shortcuts... You have all the time in the world to type out a post. It's not that hard to type "You" "What" "Are" and many other words... Not being mean, just stateing so.

mattmagoo posted on May 14 2004 at 09:04 PM said:
First off the reasons the DS pics look granier is coz Nintendo have begun demos by posrting N64 games, SONY have ported PS2 grafix so they are gonna look better

and any PSP supporters get ready to cry

psp9.jpg

None of my mates think handhelds are childish, i have towny mates sk8r mates all sorts of mates, and they all have gba's and they also think my gp is the dogs bollocks soo, i dont think it matters also every1 knows that altho GTA is good, you cant beat a clasic nintendo game!

lol, sorry about that, i went a little crazy. I just really hate SONY machines, i dunno y, i just think theyre crap.

I want DS to win because SONY are just being a bit cockendish and running all of their competitiors out of the market, they weren't satisfied with winning the console market, now they have to take the handheld one too. the fact is the console market is not SONYs main source of profit, but for Nintendo it is

SONY are a too huge a company and, although there is no doubt they produce great CD players, DVD players, TVs, Aibos etc. I think their consoles are shoddily made and the games are blaant immitations of others and even their own (see Jak and Daxter, and Ratchet and Clank)

And the reason i sed my m8s thought handhelds are childish is coz they are 17, when i was 15 every one had a gameboy, but then no-one i know bought a GBA or anything of the sort

Back