Reword V0.5 - With Touchscreen And Volume Support - Released

purplepup

Website
Visit site
Well, I've just submitted my latest update to Reword (v0.5) and it's now on the archive here.

This update mainly addresses touchscreen support for the F200, and the sound (MOD music) volume problem previously reported.

Menus and in-game play now fully support touchscreen, with single and double tap operation. Double tap menu items to select, single tap letters and the new icon controls in-game to move/select letters or word definitions.
See the readme.txt for more information.

I don't have a F200 so Micah Stetson pointed me in the right direction with some code changes I could build on, and testing was done through mouse support on the PC and passing the binary to Micah for approval. Hopefully I haven't broken it in this final build.

Anyway, hope it works on the F200, and you like it.
Cheers.

Looks like someone (neutrOpik) is having problems with the touchscreen support on their F200( B ), so anyone else having problems (or indeed success), can you post your firmware etc so I can get a bit more info to try and fix it.

Thanks

Thanks, it seems this static build just doesn't want to work with F200's. Micah tested it and had to relink it for dynamic SDL use to make touchscreen work. I havn't been able to test that yet or ensure that it still works on F100's.

Looks like although v0.5 works as a game, it's still a way off a usable release.

:(

Well, I've been using it on my F100 (haven't tested on F200) and it works great, I always have loved reword.

Thanks SQ.

I've not heard back from my F200 tester yet after asking if he could test touchscreen functionality with Notaz's possible fix.

Can someone with a F200 try this with Reword v0.5 and let me know if the touchscreen works or not.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
PurplePup said:
Can someone with a F200 try this with Reword v0.5 and let me know if the touchscreen works or not.
i just tested latest version of Reword on F200, firmware 4.1.1 - the touch screen doesn't work, as in all homebrew applications... :(

PurplePup said:
Thanks SQ.

I've not heard back from my F200 tester yet after asking if he could test touchscreen functionality with Notaz's possible fix.

Thanks

Nope, the touchscreen doesn't work even with notaz's touchscreen fix. :(

Hope it gets sorted out.

I really like this game. Thanks for this. :)

abelenki said:
PurplePup said:
i just tested latest version of Reword on F200, firmware 4.1.1 - the touch screen doesn't work, as in all homebrew applications... :(

Did you try notaz's touchscreen fix for the other homebrew apps?

abelenki said:
Manjuu said:
Did you try notaz's touchscreen fix for the other homebrew apps?

no, i'll wait for official GP2X firmware update, because i want original GP2X frontend to work with touch screen...

Hmm... I wonder if there would even be anymore official firmware updates... :rolleyes:

Anyway, notaz's fix isn't permanent. You can still use the gp2xmenu... you just have to toggle between turning the fix on or off, and restarting the GP2X would also remove the fix.

Manjuu said:
Anyway, notaz's fix isn't permanent. You can still use the gp2xmenu... you just have to toggle between turning the fix on or off, and restarting the GP2X would also remove the fix.
ah, in that case, i'll try this fix. thanks for the info.

PurplePup said:

That fix only changes 4.1.0 and 4.1.1 behavior back to 4.0.0, so it has no effect if you run it on 4.0.0 (and people report that your app doesn't work there).

Manjuu said:
i just installed EvilDragon's and notaz' fix installer/uninstaller, and homebrew apps started to work with touch screen nicely. thanks, guys!!

to be on topic, latest version of Reword doesn't work with touch screen, even with this fix. i tried other apps, like tcalc and Space Varments, and they work with touch screen without problems (with notaz' fix).

Ok, I've had a look at the tcalc source and that uses a direct /dev/touchscreen/wm97x input and some magic numbers for calibration and filtering, rather than relying on the SDL_MOUSEBUTTONDOWN event and taking the button.x and button.y values as I do.

Anyone have any advice on which SDL versioin might work, what events to trap etc, or should I try and implement the same type of /dev/touchscreen code and handle the raw data. Either way it's all blind as I can't test even the simplest change without a roundtrip to someone with an F200! Good grief! why can't this be easier? I'll be glad when the Pandora comes out and we have a known platform again (until they change it, for a mk2 of course).

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

PurplePup said:
Ok, I've had a look at the tcalc source and that uses a direct /dev/touchscreen/wm97x input and some magic numbers for calibration and filtering, rather than relying on the SDL_MOUSEBUTTONDOWN event and taking the button.x and button.y values as I do.

Anyone have any advice on which SDL versioin might work, what events to trap etc, or should I try and implement the same type of /dev/touchscreen code and handle the raw data. Either way it's all blind as I can't test even the simplest change without a roundtrip to someone with an F200! Good grief! why can't this be easier? I'll be glad when the Pandora comes out and we have a known platform again (until they change it, for a mk2 of course).

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
I just spent all of last night hacking away at the internal SDL touchscreen code. I have already made improvements in regards to tapping accuracy and have been in touch with Puck2099 who has experience w/ raw touchscreen stuff. The SDL touchscreen stuff uses tslib and it needs a bit of a revamp IMO. I'll be happy to help you get Reword up and running and tested (I have both an F200 and a F100) but won't be immediately available. After tomorrow morning I'll have 3 days off so that is plenty of time. You can be my testbed mwuuuhahahaha.. Send me a PM with contact info if PMs aren't good.

Back