Scummvm: F200 Touchscreen Support

zoom mode is...interesting. can't really describe what's happening. but i would assume that it's just using the touch screen the same, so the cursor shows up where it's supposed to be, had no you not zoomed in. if that makes any sense. the panning works though.

i have a weird issue in monkey island where it's like buttons are getting hit and i'm not doing it. but i'm not sure it's related, doesn't seem like it's a touchscreen thing either.

and yeah the calibration is a little to the left of where it needs to be, at least on mine.

rokdcasbah said:
i have a weird issue in monkey island where it's like buttons are getting hit and i'm not doing it. but i'm not sure it's related, doesn't seem like it's a touchscreen thing either.

and yeah the calibration is a little to the left of where it needs to be, at least on mine.
Hi,

Thanks for the info on zoom.

I have just done a new build now that should support reading the calibration from the GP2X. I'll upload it in the morning as I am going to crash out now.

The button repeats may be something else I screwed up in my local code, hard to debug that without a GP2X but I will have a look.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok,

This is the build I did last night. No idea if it works, if somebody can try it and let me know I would be very pleased.

ScummVM GP2X F200 0.10.0 06/11/08 - Untested

It should support the calibration info in /etc so be a lot more accurate. Other then that I have not finished off most of the other changes yet (left click, right click, hover etc.).

I was going to suggest that if your using an F200 I reuse the dPad to toggle the touch screen state?

What I have in mind is: Left on dPad = Put touch screen in left click on touch, Right on dPad = Put touch screen in right click, Up on dPad = Put touch screen in hover mode (press just treated as a mouse move without click).

What do people think about this? Just to clarify the above build does not have those features.

DJWillis said:
I was going to suggest that if your using an F200 I reuse the dPad to toggle the touch screen state?

What I have in mind is: Left on dPad = Put touch screen in left click on touch, Right on dPad = Put touch screen in right click, Up on dPad = Put touch screen in hover mode (press just treated as a mouse move without click).
Sounds to me like thats the best way to do it.

DJWillis said:
Ok,

This is the build I did last night. No idea if it works, if somebody can try it and let me know I would be very pleased.

ScummVM GP2X F200 0.10.0 06/11/08 - Untested

It should support the calibration info in /etc so be a lot more accurate. Other then that I have not finished off most of the other changes yet (left click, right click, hover etc.).

What do people think about this? Just to clarify the above build does not have those features.

So long as it doesnt break compatibility with the F100 guys, maybe some option you can use to tell it what system you have or better still some platform detection ?

DJWillis said:
Ok,

Tested with Day Of the Tentacle - the touch screen IS more accurate - but oddly I noticed that more with the main SCUMMVM screen, however after a quick go with DOTT the pointer is a little more precice - very handy for s small screen.

Toady said:
So long as it doesn't break compatibility with the F100 guys, maybe some option you can use to tell it what system you have or better still some platform detection ?
It already detects the platform. The builds here will run just fine on an F100 and always will.

The F200 code is wrapped and only used if an F200 is found so it is not an issue. The only reason I put F200 in the zip name is that there are no new features or fixes for F100 users in these builds.

The new SVN builds I am working on (with fixes, more engines, new port features etc.) will support both the F100 and F200 from this point onward.

I am also tempted to place a "Use F200 touch screen?" in the options menu if an F200 is found (default to on) so that F200 users who do not want to use the touch screen can go back to the classic F100 controls (not sure why people would do that mind you). To be honest, in time I would like to let the user remap all the controls to suit there preference anyway.

Toady said:
I am also tempted to place a "Use F200 touch screen?" in the options menu if an F200 is found (default to on) so that F200 users who do not want to use the touch screen can go back to the classic F100 controls (not sure why people would do that mind you). To be honest, in time I would like to let the user remap all the controls to suit there preference anyway.
Useful if a F200 user leaves his/her stylus somewhere

DJWillis said:
Toady said:
So long as it doesn't break compatibility with the F100 guys, maybe some option you can use to tell it what system you have or better still some platform detection ?
It already detects the platform. The builds here will run just fine on an F100 and always will.

The F200 code is wrapped and only used if an F200 is found so it is not an issue. The only reason I put F200 in the zip name is that there are no new features or fixes for F100 users in these builds.

The new SVN builds I am working on (with fixes, more engines, new port features etc.) will support both the F100 and F200 from this point onward.

Excellent !!

In Loom, when you enter in a cabin. If you throw the green bottle, the sound remains sounding for always

loom.jpg

Someone can verify if passes him the same thing?

(Sorry for my bad english :rolleyes: )

(GP2X-F200)

EDITED and SOLVED: It only sucess when a default sound driver is selected. If you select Adlib, it works fine ;)

Very good idea.

The new version indeed is a little more precise. Testet The Dig and Full Throttle and both work fine so far.

Regards,
Stephan

Thanks for the update, DJWillis! Seriously, I'm sure you've made MANY F-200 owners very happy to be able to use their touch screens so quickly after the unit was released! It's definitely been a unexpected treat!

I'm gonna go retry Broken Sword with the new build and see if the mouse movement is improved.

Thanks a bunch! B)

UPDATE: Tried Broken Sword again and I'm still having the same issue (stylus moves the mouse pointer, but FAR left of where I'm pointing). I wonder why this particular game is having problems?

But in happier news, in Monkey Island (1) the touch screen mouse control is noticeably tighter -- meaning it's doing what it's supposed to :lol: (the touch screen was very responsive in the last build, but now even moreso).

I have tested Monkey I , Day of the Tentacle amd The Dig and they all are working prefectly :) At least the ten minutes i have played everyone :D

Thanks for the touch screen support , it´s glorious :D

Having had the chance to put in some serious play time - compleated Day of the Tentacle from scratch, what fun too - pretty much it all worked as expected - the only crash was due to low batteries and not down to scummvm. Occasionally the touch screen seemed to forget that it was clickable - usually after altering the volume - no idea what that was about but had to close and re-open scummvm to sort it.

finally on some random occasions tapping the screen can cause the mouse to shoot off the side of the screen (if say you were trying to pick up somthing in the middle) - didnt happen so often and quite possibly a "feature" of the screen rather than your code.

I might just have a go with the first two Monkey Island episodes next...

Ok,

2 updates today.

One is the usual 0.10.0 build with touch screen support added.
With any luck this build fixes the issues with high res games like Broken Sword (thanks Paeryn).
I can't be sure and obviously can't test ;). It does not have the new F200 button code yet, just the basic touch screen.

Feedback appreciated.

ScummVM GP2X F200 0.10.0 12/11/2007 - Untested

Second is a build of my latest 'in development' code based on the current ScummVM SVN as of a few hours ago. No idea if this is working but if it does all the F200 code should now be in there.

Can somebody run it and let me know. Ideally on an F100 and an F200.

ScummVM GP2X LATEST SVN 12/11/2007 - Untested

If this SVN build is working then I will finish off my F200 control system and include it in SVN builds from now on. I think the basic touch screen code is fairly solid now.

First quick check:

1. Build : Highres games now work flawlessly. I tested Curse of Monkey Island without problems.
No problems found with normal res games: Day of the Tantakle works like a charm.

2. Build:

F-200 check
F-100 check

Both checked with Sam and Max and Curse of Monkey Island. Controls are fine.
But do I understand your post right: The new F200 button code is not impemented yet in this build?

Good work!

Regards,
Stephan

Back