Scummvm: F200 Touchscreen Support

sbock said:
But do I understand your post right: The new F200 button code is not impemented yet in this build?
You do, or rather it is in build 2's code but turned off.

I have no way of knowing if my current SVN (i.e. latest) code even worked so I wanted it tested before I enable the new control code and break it ;). That way at least I know at what point it last worked :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I tried Broken Sword in both of your new builds and the touch screen works great! (I only played for a minute with both, but I'm able to point and "click" perfectly with the stylus so far).

You constantly amaze me with your work, DJWillis!

This is a SCUMM revolution! Who is finding these games heaps more fun than on the F100?

imhotep said:
This is a SCUMM revolution! Who is finding these games heaps more fun than on the F100?
I DEFINITELY find these games much more fun on the F-200! I'd say that this emulator alone is persuasion enough for anyone to get their hands on an F-200. Now if only we could get some touch screen support on a few other computer-based emulators (particularly Amiga!). :D

Every game i have launched on both builds are working very well, no problems :)

Except Broken Sword 1:

In SVN build the intro video works although with problems, it´s slow etc,..

In F200 Built it does not work, the game begins after the bomb explodes, but you can´t see or hear the explosion because intro doesnt´work.

Text is almost imposible to read in both builds, but that is because the game definition i suppose.

Maybe a gpe with overclocking is neccessary for some game intros and music.

Rivroner said:

Except Broken Sword 1:

In F200 Built it does not work, the game begins after the bomb explodes, but you can´t see or hear the explosion because intro doesnt´work.

Text is almost imposible to read in both builds, but that is because the game definition i suppose.

Are thease new problems - or did they also exist in the older builds (before the addition of the touchscreen support)??

Toady said:
Rivroner said:

Except Broken Sword 1:

Are thease new problems - or did they also exist in the older builds (before the addition of the touchscreen support)??
No idea :D

I don´t remember at all.

Using the svn version right now, works very well. I tested the other versions as well, and they worked too. Thanks so much, this is awesome.

narmak said:
Using the svn version right now, works very well. I tested the other versions as well, and they worked too. Thanks so much, this is awesome.
Hi Narmak,

Thanks for the feedback, I also noticed your questions on IRC, if you want to leave me a message there or pop into the chan when it is more active (Euro time zone) I’ll be happy to answer any questions your may have.

As for now, progress is slow/stopped as I reached about the limit of what I can do without hardware to test new features on.

John

DJWillis said:
narmak said:
Hi Narmak,

Thanks for the feedback, I also noticed your questions on IRC, if you want to leave me a message there or pop into the chan when it is more active (Euro time zone) I’ll be happy to answer any questions your may have.

As for now, progress is slow/stopped as I reached about the limit of what I can do without hardware to test new features on.

John

Sorry to keep pestering you, But the donation offer is still open.

Trooper

If you're going to remove the cursor for use with touchscreen, can you make an option to still show it? I prefer it showing, I found it annoying that it was hidden on the DS version.

Thanks again for this DJW. :)

This really justifies the purchase of the f200 for me. Finished Zak the other day and just started playing Beneath a steel sky.

The only thing I could possibly think of to ask would be for button mapping options. The reason is I hold the stylus with my right hand and having to press the fire button for right mouse button while pointing at something in Beneath a steel sky can be a little awkward. I find I have to use the dir pad to point at the object before pressing the fire button. If the right mouse button could be mapped to the left shoulder button it would solve this situation.

I know you dont feel comfortable with donations but if you ever change your mind please let me know. B)

DJWillis said:
New release here but it adds more game support rather then new port features.

I only get a black screen with this build. Must be quite difficult to work on this without an F200.

Scummvm with touchscreen makes the GP2X so much more interesting. Thanks for doing this.

jasio said:
I only get a black screen with this build. Must be quite difficult to work on this without an F200.
Really? Bugger....

Do you get any messages in textfiles created in the ScummVM folder?
I think I called them ScummVM.stdout.txt and ScummVM.stderr.txt.

And yes, coding without any hardware (F100 or F200) is proving to be a pain but lets not go there.

DJWillis said:
jasio said:
Really? Bugger....

And yes, coding without any hardware (F100 or F200) is proving to be a pain but lets not go there.

I tried the new build as well. When you choose the .gpe file, it goes to a black screen for a second, makes a small clicking noise, and then exits back to the GP2X menu. I put my SD card back in my card reader and checked the .stdout and .sdterr files and both were blank.

I'm sure you'll figure out the problem. Your releases so far have been spot on, better and better with each new build. :)

DJWillis said:
The stdout and stderr files are empty. The first time I tried there was something about no audio device being available but another program had crashed just before. I have not seen it again: just the black screen for a couple of seconds and empty log files.

jasio said:
The stdout and stderr files are empty. The first time I tried there was something about no audio device being available but another program had crashed just before. I have not seen it again: just the black screen for a couple of seconds and empty log files.
Damm, thanks guys. I'll have a look at this at some point but no promises.

Back