Revitalized Sega Franchise On Psp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Declaration, you are an idiot. Did you grow up with Nintendo, are you old enough to remember the days of the NES or SNES or did you learn about them later on.

The Nintendo of old is dead. I actually liked the N64 and still do, why? Because Nintendo did a very good job balancing the games it created. They developed games WITH the help of other companies and created some damn fine games. Would you see games like WaveRace64? Excitebike64 , Killer Instinct, GoldenEye for a Nintendo system today?? Fuck no, because everything has to involve franchise characters now. Thats where Sega got it right. They had their franchise games, but they also created games that had absolutely nothing to do with franchise characters, no spin offs, no nothing, just original games. Nintendo hasn't created an original game or original character since the N-64, Please correct me if i'm wrong. And by original, i mean a game that does not include any character from a previous Nintendo game, and a Game that is not a spin off or prequal or sequal to any game released on any previous Nintendo hardware.

I don't hate Nintendo, i dislike Nintendo and I strongly dislike what they've become. If the Nintendo of today still acted like the Nintendo in the SNES/N64 days, we would not be having this conversation, because that was when Nintendo was at it's best, not today.

Here's a list of games Published by Nintendo for the N64

1080 Snowboarding
Banjo Kajooie
Banjo Tooie
Blast Corps
Command and Conquer(yes it was published by Nintendo)
Excitebike 64
Goldeneye 007
Jet Force Gemini
Ken Griffey Jrs Slugfest (OMG they can publish a sports game without mario chars)
Killer Instinct Gold
Kobe Bryant NBA courtside (same as above with Griffey)
Mickey's Speedway
Mischeif Makers
Perfect dark
Ridge Racer 64

Thats just some of the games Nintendo published themselves, when they had help from Rare and others. They lost Rare and looks like Namco helped them out with the cube. The list of Published games for the Cube is less diverse in my opinion than the N64 and it should have been more.

Now look at nintendo's games that they developed AND Published themselves. Pretty one sided if you ask me, so I stand by my comment that Sega had it right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video...hed_by_Nintendo

The games with (D) next to them are developed and published by Nintendo, go back to the days of the NES.

Angel posted on Aug 24 2006 at 01:51 PM said:
Declaration, you are an idiot. Did you grow up with Nintendo, are you old enough to remember the days of the NES or SNES or did you learn about them later on.

The Nintendo of old is dead. I actually liked the N64 and still do, why? Because Nintendo did a very good job balancing the games it created. They developed games WITH the help of other companies and created some damn fine games. Would you see games like WaveRace64? Excitebike64 , Killer Instinct, GoldenEye for a Nintendo system today?? Fuck no, because everything has to involve franchise characters now. Thats where Sega got it right. They had their franchise games, but they also created games that had absolutely nothing to do with franchise characters, no spin offs, no nothing, just original games. Nintendo hasn't created an original game or original character since the N-64, Please correct me if i'm wrong. And by original, i mean a game that does not include any character from a previous Nintendo game, and a Game that is not a spin off or prequal or sequal to any game released on any previous Nintendo hardware.

I don't hate Nintendo, i dislike Nintendo and I strongly dislike what they've become. If the Nintendo of today still acted like the Nintendo in the SNES/N64 days, we would not be having this conversation, because that was when Nintendo was at it's best, not today.
The thing that really annoys about you are the constant factual innaccuracies in what you say. You are quite clearly looking back to the days of your youth with rose-tinted glasses.

In truth, there were relatively few original Nintendo published games on the N64. Rare made a couple (one based on James Bond) and Killer Instinct is a SNES games. It included franchise characters.

There were also a few for the Gamecube- Eternal Darkness and Pikmin for example.

But even the GC is in the past now. Where your argument really capitulates is in the present.

Advance Wars, Elektroplankton, Nintendogs, True Swing Golf, Polarium, Meteos, Brain Age, Golden Sun etc are all Nintendo published, original, and post-N64 games afaik.
Just because you dont like these games/ dont give them a chance doesnt mean they dont exist.

Also, you are being pretty silly if you consider originality to be based on new characters. The control method of Metroid Prime: Hunters is far more original than having many FPSs with different characters. Anyone can invent a couple of new characters. Innovation in gameplay and game experience is much more difficult to achieve.

But obviously Nintendo needs third party support to thrive. The DS has achieved this. The GC did poorly generally, with a couple of victories thrown in (Resident Evil 4 for example). The Wii looks promising so far.

Get over your hatred for Nintendo and their characters. Its not based on logic or fact. Your flaming of Nintendo's actions in every thread is starting to turn these forums into one big DS vs PSP deathmatch.

Last edited by a moderator:
angel im getting mighty tired of this and i think that every other member of these boards are too,
do us all a favour and stop saying the same DAMN things in every thread.

Im getting mighty sick of you de-railing threads, remember this is one about what sega franchise you would like to see next on the psp,
not how nintendo have lost their way a long time ago, if i read one more thread that you destroy im going to have to moderate all your damn posts before they become visable to the rest of the community.

you seem like a top chap just you cant shake this "must let everyone know how i feel about nintendo"

i think we all get the pciture now.

i should be able to destroy topics that I start.

And I back up my arguement with fact and yet still get flamed.

SO FLAME ON and Rico will be along shortly to lock anyway, so no need to alter anything Sensible, unless you already have.

Declaration, how exactly is he "flaming" nintendo? He hasnt said one nasty thing about them, he's just been critical of their recent decisions in the gaming world. On some aspects i agree, and on others I don't. There's no reason why you need to fire back every bloody time he makes these comments with the same old shit as always: Nintendo is innovative, they care about the GAMER blah blah blah. What's that saying? Oh, it takes two to tango? Yes. If you're sick of his "same old comments", DONT REPLY BACK.

I'm buying a wii for the sole purpose of owning RE5. Not for super mario asscrack or donkey kong football. But who am I to you but a narrow-minded sony fanboy ;)

Sega's shot their load. I do hope they go through with this idea though, I'd love to see some sega stuff on the psp.

honestly im getting REAL tired of this.

REAL tired,

does everyone enjoy saying the same damn things in every thread that mentions
A) Nintendo
B)Ds
C)Sony
D)psp

bunch of idiots.

had enough well done another thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back