Reunited at last.

PaulForey

Hi all,

I pre-ordered a Pandora from Craig's shop way back in 2010 (I was fairly late to the game) and, after springing for a queue-upgrade during the summer of 2012, received my Rebirth-edition Pandora in Autumn.

However, in May of this year my LCD cable went dodgy and I got the purple tint of fabulous death. With Craig's shop having at that time a less-than-wholesome reputation I talked to EvilDragon to see if he was willing to do the repair for me. He graciously accepted and I sent my Pandora to him in June.

My tracking told me it had got received, so I waited patiently for my dearest to return to me. This didn't happen and I started asking EvilDragon what happened. He said that all the repairs had been done and sent back and would check for my address/name in all his tracking details. A couple of months passed whilst we tried and failed to locate what happened to my Pandora until EvilDragon (being a true gentleman) said he would just have to ship me a brand new Rebirth-edition Pandora. I ended up springing for the 1GHz upgrade (and the fancy wooden box) and before I could say "two months" my new 1Ghz Pandora arrived.

It's way pretty (as ever) and a joy to use (as ever) and EvilDragon is (as ever) a really really nice man, and I can only wish that more businesses were ran how he runs his. If you ever have half an excuse to give that man some money then please do so. Thank you ever so much, EvilDragon; you're a gem.

But what happened to my lost Pandora? I'll likely never know, but my girlfriend drew this to give me a giggle and I wanted to share it with you. I've lurked a good lurk in this forum and am happy to actually post something for once.

(pro tip: I have a ponytail and glasses, which hopefully explains the last couple of panels)

So, what happened to the old Pandora.jpg

EDIT: Uploaded on imgur for easier reading:
http://imgur.com/yNy2R0P

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.... that is timing: Your Pandora came back today. Shipping date: October 26th, returned from the postal office for no apparent reason.

So... it's alive and well : :)

Well.... that is timing: Your Pandora came back today. Shipping date: October 26th, returned from the postal office for no apparent reason.

I had a package do that once - after 4 months, it finally arrived with postal cancellations from all over the world. Too bad yours didn't have a GPS tracker in it.

Oooh - that would be entertaining to do on a successor. Have a GPS module and accelerometer in them and have it turned on during the transit. OK, so there are a pile of reasons to not do that - but the resulting data would be cool to play with.

What are they doing?

Playing 3 Months with the Pandora then sending it back?

Must be fun to "deliver" packages.

Christmas every day, with lots of surprise packages.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sure that's mine? I'm pretty sure I shipped it in June, unless something went really weird. But I guess you can check it with the serial number :)

Sure that's mine? I'm pretty sure I shipped it in June, unless something went really weird. But I guess you can check it with the serial number :)
It was the repaired package I sent to you. I haven't opened it, but your address is on it, so it should be your repaired one ;)

My Pandora got lost at UPS for some months too last year.
But UPS is insured :)

Back