Any downside to buying rebirth and then upgrading to 1Ghz later?

asdfffdsa

Still Fresh
Hello,

I am interested in the Pandora 1Ghz, but while $470 is manageable, $700 is hard to justify the more I consider it. Is there any downside to buying the $470 pandora rebirth and then buying the "upgrade rebirth edition to 1ghz edition" later on? I would like to spread out the cost.

There shouldn't be any problems.

Downside is you have to pay shipping because you have to send your Pandroa in for the upgrade.

Well the overall cost in the long run will be more than just putting down $700, but if you can afford to do it in steps, I guess this is the way to do it.

Where are you located?

I have ReBirth Editions in-stock currently at http://www.ithic.com, but ED has them on backorder in Germany. Not sure if he's going to be manufacturing anymore ReBirth Pandoras. I think he's going to be building 1GHz units from here on out.

I'd be more than happy to get you a ReBirth Edition.

Hey Link. Your shop site said you expect get more 1GHz units in early November. Is it going to be another pre-order like in late September or is it doing to be a bigger stock? I'd rather buy from the US shop because, due to conversion rates, the 1GHz Pandora on Dragonbox is 30 dollars more than it would be to order from your shop. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
^

The only time I do any type of preorder is when EvilDragon is preparing the shipment and I know that I have a batch enroute. At that point, I will list the date the package is expected to arrive and will put a limited number on sale.

I hope to have one unit this week back up for sale, as a customer is returning a 1GHz unit that wasn't happy with it.

Downside is you have to pay shipping because you have to send your Pandroa in for the upgrade.

Oh, I see. I didn't realize one had to ship in their pandora to have it upgraded. For some reason I assumed one could simply buy the new PCB and swap it with the old one themself.

Perhaps, then, it would be better for me to wait for ithic to get new 1Ghz stock in November and spend the $230 up front. Maybe I can find something to ebay so it's less painful.

Oh, I see. I didn't realize one had to ship in their pandora to have it upgraded. For some reason I assumed one could simply buy the new PCB and swap it with the old one themself.
You can do that, but you'd still have to send in your old board.

You can do that, but you'd still have to send in your old board.

Well you may be able to make a special arrangement to just buy the PCB, but the reason they want the old PCB is to refurbish the old board.. This lowers the cost of the upgrade other wise it would cost more.

I hope to have one unit this week back up for sale, as a customer is returning a 1GHz unit that wasn't happy with it.

Why exactly was he unhappy? And that's great! I'd like to order a 1GHz unit within the next month or so. Maybe I'll be able to snag that unit before someone else does.

Well the overall cost in the long run will be more than just putting down $700, but if you can afford to do it in steps, I guess this is the way to do it.

It would indeed cost more in the long run. I'd just wait it out until you have enough to pay for the 1 GHz. Especially if that's your end goal.

Why exactly was he unhappy? And that's great! I'd like to order a 1GHz unit within the next month or so. Maybe I'll be able to snag that unit before someone else does.
Didn't give much of a reason, just said it wasn't what he expected.

Perhaps, then, it would be better for me to wait for ithic to get new 1Ghz stock in November and spend the $230 up front. Maybe I can find something to ebay so it's less painful.

You can replace it by yourself. Maybe shipping is cheaper then.

It's not that hard and there's a video how to do it.

Back