Retrode2

Gah, I didn't notice that there were preorders and they close tomorrow, I don't have the cash right now :(

No worries, I will have the Retrode 2 in my shop when it's out, so you can get it there :)

I'll also start selling the Everdrives (starting with MD, SNES and N64) in case anyone is interested :D

I've got an order down on the retrode 2 already and I already have a MegaDrive Evercart, just gotta wait for the Retrode 2 to arrive then I can have all my ROMs on an actual cart to use with my Pandora :D

Can this be used to dump your carts?
Yes. It appears as an external hard drive with one or two files on it. Just copy those files off. One file is the ROM, the other is the save RAM.

Incidentally, this would also be an excellent way to smuggle information around. Just compress it down to 8KB and copy it into the save RAM. You then carry your video game into foreign country of choice safe in the knowledge that no one would think to look at the saved memory on your game cartridge for the secret weapon plans. Just don't plug it into an actual console and try to play: it'll crash your game, try to play with corrupt data anyway, or format the save RAM to a known clean state.

Note that you cannot overwrite the ROM in this way. It is ROM, read-only.

^ Ever watched Cloak & Dagger, Stan? About half of what you said there was the hook of that (awesome) movie. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
If this supports N64 games, I may ask around here to borrow one so I can dump my save data.

I only wish I had the cartridge collections to justify having one of these, it looks so slick! Gonna be interesting to see what you do with 'em ..

Hi

On the Retrode site it talks about other adapter connectors that are available such

as ones for Atarti 2600 & N64/GBx.

Before I go to Ebay and start buying up all the old Atari cartridges where are these

adapters available from, I cannot seem to find anything at the Retrode site ?

a post on the retrode community forums says that the guy doesnt want to do small/induvidual orders for it but would consider a group order.

The plans/schematics are on the retrode site somewhere. I think when I get mine I will go through some old snes/megadrive games I used to like playing a lot then look into getting the n64 adapter.

As for the everdrive, I'm assuming that someone had to rip the roms in the 1st place in order for them to fit on the sd card.

If this supports N64 games, I may ask around here to borrow one so I can dump my save data.
For the N64 plug-in, savegames are not yet supported. SRAM should be fairly easy but I'm not quite sure yet about flash and EEPROM saves.

In case...they need a board company to make this?

Hi

Of coarse, and there was me thinking of something totally different
smile.gif
Actually I think it would be wise to mention them, in order to dissuade them from ever doing business with them. Not as a Business of course (draws too much legal flak), but as a ¨private¨ person ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back