Retrode

Naaah, the owner is still Matthias, I'm just doing the production as he doesn't have the time.

But, yes, in fact, I've got some more goodies planned... homebrew games on cartridges and something like the Retron5, but fully open and with Linux.

So a gaming console with cartridge slots, controller ports, an SD Card Slot, HDMI (and hopefully analog as well) output... and in theory, you can connect a mouse and keyboard to use it as PC as well.

So many plans... :)

Looking forward to seeing it (the multiconsole/computer thingy), ED.  I have a few little requests on the software side that might make some people happy if they can be implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you consider adding support for more carts ED?
For the Retrode?

Well, I can do the production, and I know an NES cart is coming up which I'll most likely produce as well.

For developing: If anyone in the community wants to develop a Retrode plugin, sure, if possible, I'll produce it.
If you ever interested in another device for nes theres this: http://www.infiniteneslives.com/aux3.php

Ive been using one and and been able to dump backups of everything ive tried.

This retrode can read Cartridges, but could it maybe even write to Cartridges (savegames etc...)?

So a gaming console with cartridge slots, controller ports, an SD Card Slot, HDMI (and hopefully analog as well) output... and in theory, you can connect a mouse and keyboard to use it as PC as well.

So many plans... :)
This kind of thing has been a dream of mine for years.... It's exactly what I want.

http://fiveninjas.com/ have launched a media center based on the raspi stuff... Imagine a similar case/form factor, with a much more powerful CPU and built for gaming.....

One of those... with a decent SOC. connected to four iDragonpads.  :wub:

My friends could play N64 forever and ever.

icontrolpad_2_open_source_game_controller_3.jpg

Well, I'm looking for a good and cheap Cortex A9, either as complete devboard or as Q7 Module.

Anyone knows an SoC where Linux and 3D is working well?

Can't say I've played with any but these are popular boards with A9's:

ODROID-U3, PandaBoard ES

Well, I'm looking for a good and cheap Cortex A9, either as complete devboard or as Q7 Module.

Anyone knows an SoC where Linux and 3D is working well?
Kickstarter bait. :)

p.s. Don't make your own controller.. just make sure it works with the most popular controller :D

Yes, I know about the Freescale (and can get it even cheaper ;) ), but we didn't want to design another full board, that's why we're looking for a good Q7 version.

I'll check the prices for a Q7 board using the Freescale.

Back