Retro Consoles on the GP2X

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
I just won some retro consoles on ebay that I remember the boys at school having:

1. Astro Wars by Grandstand (I now have this)

2. Merlin by Parker.

Now these games were very simple but game play was awesome. I was wondering, after I have finished redecorating the house and then completed Berzerk 2X. Would anyone want these gems on the GP2X?

Clare.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Mar 20 2007 at 10:49 PM said:
I just won some retro consoles on ebay that I remember the boys at school having:

2. Merlin by Parker.

Now these games were very simple but game play was awesome. I was wondering, after I have finished redecorating the house and then completed Berzerk 2X. Would anyone want these gems on the GP2X?

Clare.

Good old flourescent display games. Those were cool.

I remember Merlin too. had some good puzzles.

Anything made for the GP2X is welcome. Go for it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you convert them over, make sure the game play is in the authentic looking "skin". It really creates the retro atmosphere.

Sounds like a great idea. I had Scramble and Caveman as a child which were both brilliant (particularly scramble). I recently found them in my parents house and they still work and were still fun to play.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Mar 20 2007 at 10:49 PM said:

2. Merlin by Parker.

Clare.
Definatley, that would be great, I still have Astro wars in the loft and I had one called something like Starfox I think.

They are all in a box with a few game and watches and a speak and spell, now speak and spell on the 2x would be fun. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny I just pulled out my old Merlin a few months back put the six batteries in it and my son played with it for ages. I found myself playing magic square constantly whenever it was laying around.

Merlin on the GP2X would be brilliant! I still have my original Merlin from back when I was a kid, as well as my original Microvision (which would also be cat's ass on GP2X) and a few games, including the ever popular Blockbuster. Great stuff. I don't care how they look by today's standards, these are true classics my friends... God I feel old..

p B)

Remake sounds cool, as I hankered after both but had neither...

How much did you pay for them off ebay if you don't mind me asking?

<Hazy reminisce mode>

I had the choice one Christmas of having one of either the Merlin, Astrowars or a 5ft table top snooker table. I chose the snooker table but to this day I remember the pain of having to make the difficult decision :D

</Hazy reminisce mode>

Would love versions of these as long as they used the same graphics etc and werent updated.

I used to have Firefox F-7, back then it was amazing with the different levels etc.

i collect these consoles, i have astro wars boxed , in mint condition , even has receipt from the shop...lol...firefox was the best game...

Back