Restaurants

We went to a sit-down Asian place. I had the Fusion Chili Red Snapper. My dad had the Spicy Orange Peel Beef. My stepmom had the Sesame Chicken.

Reactions: rSl
got a raise today so am treating myself to:

PXL_20220428_170516190.jpg

My little English village has a French cheese restaurant!! I'm a cheese nut but have only been here twice in 6 years. I apologize. Please forgive me.

Comté - basic but I love it.
Machecoilais - yum
Coulommiers - YUM
Sancerre - everybody's favourite!

Just ate the whole basket of bread from this morning. Hell yes. I live life to the fullest / fattest.

It’s Wednesday again, so me, my dad, my sister, and my stepmom are going to a restaurant in less than three hours. We don’t know where yet, but I plan to suggest Glenway Premium Pub in Belmont.

Look, Lammy, they have a Beyond Burger way down at the bottom of the menu.

Reactions: rSl
Look, Lammy, they have a Beyond Burger way down at the bottom of the menu.
Vegetable Plate sounds good too. Some sides seem pretty good. Green tomatoes seem a bit weird to eat, but I like that.

The Backyard Garden Wrap looks good except for the feta, as I am not a huge fan of raping and emotionally abusing cows. I might have ordered one without feta, though. Many restaurants are flexible like that.

Fries are generally nice if they are not baked in fat extracted from the corpses of tortured souls. I do not know how America does their fries but never order fries in Belgium.

Then meat eaters must have no taste buds, considering that most of the meat today comes from what basically amounts to concentration camps for animals. You really cannot get much worse than that even if you tried.

If you want meat only from less tortured animals then you need to avoid all meat from large restaurant chains and from supermarkets and from snackbars and you need to find a rare farm and personally confirm them and wherever they take their animals to die (small slaughterhouses and farms tend to lie to their customers and be very opague, but some will give you a tour if you pretend to also be a farmer or are very friendly) and you need to pay a lot of money for your meat because less torturous meat is expensive (torturing is normally done to save costs and increase yield). You basically will need to be like RMS but with less tortured animal meat instead of free software. At that point it is much easier and cheaper to just go vegan.

Going through the trouble of finding less tortured meat is only worth it if you own a cat or other naturally meat eating animal IMO. But yes, that meat is often healthier for a natural meat eater. For example, it is often less fatty, closer resembling natural prey of cats. Feed it to them raw for maximal benefit and watch out for some bones, especially t-bones. Though raw bones do present less choking hazard than cooked bones.

A while ago I actually bought meat for a cat, and of course someone I knew was sitting at the check-out making me look as if I would degrade myself to consuming corpses of innocent beings (we have no cat, the cat was visiting and someone else's, so that would have sounded like a lame excuse). The cat needs meat, that is different. Although I would personally not buy a cat because I think that breeding an excess of animals whose nature it is to harm others is bad.

The cat needs meat, that is different. Although I would personally not buy a cat because I think that breeding an excess of animals whose nature it is to harm others is bad
Living things survive by consuming other living things. We all must cause suffering of some sort in order to live, even if we don't see or comprehend it. (I like cats, and see fostering as a good option)

A confession: I went to McDonalds for the first time in over 20 years last weekend (not my own choice). Needless to say (and you'll be amused to read), I felt sick afterwards. I honestly don't understand why people even like it. It's not even particularly cheap.

Living things survive by consuming other living things.
To me it is more about sentience than life. If there is no sentience, then none of ethics, morals, sympathy, and empathy apply. I have played with the idea of plant sentience, but after some research and thinking about it I rejected it. Oyster and bug sentience is the grey line for me. I normally do not eat nor kill either but that is just to be sure.

A confession: I went to McDonalds for the first time in over 20 years last weekend (not my own choice). Needless to say (and you'll be amused to read), I felt sick afterwards.
I know the feeling. The cleaner you are the stronger your acute symptoms to junkfood will be. This is exactly like smoking in that a clean person will get sick immediately from smoking and start coughing while a smoking addict with black lungs will be just fine while smoking. Of course, those accute symptoms are there for a reason. Junkfood and smoking are toxic, if you do not get acute symptoms then you will get chronic disease instead.

I honestly don't understand why people even like it. It's not even particularly cheap.
If you were to keep eating McDonalds' then after a while you would like it too. In order to like this kind of food you just need to weaken your body and numb your senses so that your body will not object to it anymore. Same process as learning to smoke.

I used to eat at McDonalds' weekly and buy loads of waste there, and I loved it. It is addicting, it is like a drug. I only craved stimulants, never real food. But addictions can be lost and senses regained, though it is no easy task.

I remember that I could not even taste the meat on the bread of a McDonalds' hamburger. I once ate bread without the meat and it tasted the same. The taste from McDonalds' hamburgers comes from the sauce, almost anything tastes good with that drug on it. This is what they do with pet foods too and how they feed industrial waste from the grain, rice, and bean industries to dogs and cats. Any animal can be made to eat anything when it is smeared with a brain stimulating drug, even if the drug is very mild. The modern food industry is basically the very mild drugs industry.

The taste from McDonalds' hamburgers comes from the sauce
It's funny you said that. The one thing I felt "nostalgic" about (and I remarked about this at the time), was the sauce.

Similarly, but slightly less so with the fries, which while not feeling like "food" (i.e. lacking any substance), do distinctly smell/taste of something... probably MSG and sugar.

The meat is so old it has no taste they have to add flavorings made in chemical factories in new jersey.

Supposedly the meat barely changes if you keep it on a shelf without any preservation measures for several months. I never tried it but if true then the corpses served at McDonalds' could be pretty old.

But who cares? No one goes to McDonalds' for the quality. Back when I frequented the place I knew it was worthless waste. But healthy food is not stimulating to a numbed body so healthy food did not taste good to me back then.

I didn’t get to go out last week, because my dad was visiting my older sister.

I’ll be leaving with my dad, stepmom, and twin sister to go to a restaurant in less than an hour.

I should’ve mentioned, at Wild Wing Cafe last week, we played music bingo. None of us won. Also, they have some pretty good salsa.

I’m torn this week. There’s a new pizza place open, but my stepmother probably won’t be coming along, so I kinda wanna use the opportunity to go to a Mexican restaurant, since my stepmother usually won’t go to those.

Back