Restaurants

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
Finally, some good news in my life. My city is getting its Bad Daddy's Burger Bar location opened on Monday. My dad doesn't want to go there on the first week, but if all goes well, on August 8th I will be eating a 1200 calorie burger with 1000 calorie tater tots and a 900 calorie milkshake. God bless America, land of the freaking 3100 calorie meals.

...I feel some of you judging right now, but there's only one opinion I care about: My cardiologist's. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go set up an appointment for August 9th. >_>

Caine

Hardcore Member
Calling a fast food chain a "restaurant" just sounds wrong to me. A restaurant is a (stylish) place where you dine for two to three hours.

It does sound pretty tasty though. I can imagine worse ways to go than having a burger induced heart-attack.

Last edited:

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Maybe its fast food because it sends you swiftly shuffling off your mortal coil.
I paid 5 euros for a latte in Charles De Gaulle airport in Star-mucks.. The latte came out in 30 seconds tops... for five euros they could have finessed it a bit more... I mean I was in France right?

FBnil

Ready to Champion the Pyra to the World...
Calling a fast food chain a "restaurant" just sounds wrong to me. A restaurant is a (stylish) place where you dine for two to three hours.
Well, in Amsterdam, we have The Butcher... the burger is ok, the atmosphere is meh.. but the prices... are restaurant prices... with milkshakes at 9 euro... kinda like the too-expensive-coffee people pay in the sky lounge bar near Amsterdam Central Station at € 6,25 for an expresso.

JDTAY

Any vegetarian or vegan choices?
Oh, so you're "that guy"...

A quick glance at the online menu for my location is telling me "no".

Edit: I mean, I guess you could do the Caesar Salad or Skillet Mac without meat, but the first has eggs, and the second has cheese.

JDTAY

Shoot, it turns out that my Growler USA location is having live music tomorrow night. If it's too crowded we might not go. I mean, we'll probably be there early enough to beat the wait, but there's still a chance that we'll have to go elsewhere.

I suggested a pizzeria in Cherryville as an alternate, but my stepmother said it was too far. You have no idea what it's like for me to be denied pizza.

JDTAY

Well, we went, and the food and music were pretty good. Neither I nor my parents tried the beer. Surprisingly, the place wasn't full, probably due to it being located in the back of the historic Loray Mill. We parked in the wrong area, and it was like fifteen minutes between when we got out of the car and when we actually found the place. Good times.

JDTAY

Hey guys, today's my birthday. You know what that means? Free meal! I'm letting my twin sister pick the place though, so I don't know where we're going yet. She did show some interest in Akahana Asian Bistro in Belmont when I last talked to her.

http://belmont.akahanaasianbistro.com/

The one thing she was worried about was if it's too pricey for my parents. The entrees are mostly under $15, but the sushi is more expensive than what we're used to at other sushi places in Gaston County. She wanted to get both an entrée and a makimono crunchy roll, but the latter goes for $10 there. Ouch.

Update: That was indeed where we ended up going. I got the deluxe fried rice and a bagel roll, which is basically a deep fried philly roll. My sister got an entrée and a crunchy roll as desired. And my dad got to foot a $65 bill, which he tipped $10 on. Too rich for my blood, but that's why I have a birthday.

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl