Restaurants

So, we just went to Bubba’s 33. A little disappointing actually. I had Chicken Parm Pasta, and my sister had a Nacho Mama Pizza.

Hey guys, I’m trying to plan my beach vacation a bit. My older sister told me to look at restaurants. Holden Beach isn’t exactly the best place for restaurants though. I was thinking about maybe convincing them to drive into Shallotte. It’s like a twenty minute drive though. Eh, lemme know what you think of these places.

I went to Macie and Ethel’s Kitchen in Supply, NC today. Got the Pick 3 Seafood, which was flounder, oysters, and shrimp. Also got a fried pickles appetizer.

Reactions: rSl
On Saturday, I, my dad, and my sister ate at Iron Thunder Grill in Monroe, NC on the way back from the beach. I had a Chicken Philly.

We’re going out tonight too, along with my stepmother, who didn’t go to the beach. I’m thinking maybe we’ll go somewhere with TVs, so I can watch the Braves while we eat.

Went with my dad back to his house to see my sister, the one who had the brain tumor removed. Then I went to Mi Pueblito, a Mexican restaurant in his town. I had the “ACP”, and again I’m wondering why Mexican restaurants can’t call arroz con pollo by its name.

Just went to Olive Garden with my dad, sister, and stepmother for lunch. Had the Eggplant Parmigiana since I’m a vegetarian now. Came with salad and breadsticks. I don’t think the amount of seasoning they put on their breadsticks is sustainable, but it couldn’t be helped.

Oh, I actually drank water with it too. I feel kinda cheap now. Maybe I should’ve went for unsweetened tea?

But cheap is a good thing, right? Means you spend less money. I would take whichever you want.

I often choose water but when a restaurant has fresh orange juice I tend to pick that instead. And in Spain they almost all have fresh orange juice. Some restaurants even have options that consist entirely of raw fruit. I like that as it makes going out more fun for me. The fruit is often of good quality as well, surprisingly.

Just went to a place called Ray’s Country Smokehouse Grill for a vegetarian lunch. Had a glass of water with no ice and a veggie plate, consisting of french fries, fried okra, and fried squash, all fried in peanut oil, plus a dinner roll. Huge portions for $7 plus tax. I tipped $3.

I had a nice fondu for lunch. About 300 grams of cheese and lots of bread but only 3dl of white wine. Fondu is not the ideal lunch, normally it means lights out. It was totally fresh in a fromagerie with local milk, of course. I feel terrible now and won’t be joining my family for a swim. My main mistake was not having kirsch (cherry liquor) as digestif. More wine would have helped too. My New Year’s resolution is to drink more alcohol. Well-being++

I think I’m going to a pizza place called Stone Fired Social for dinner, but it depends on whether my family can get here or not, which is still up in the air.
Based on the menu on the website, I think I’ll have the Veggie Patch. A bit stereotypical, especially when they have six different vegetarian pizzas plus custom pizzas, but it looks like the most nutritious of all their vegetarian options. I hear their actual menu rotates though, so I might have other options to consider if and when I get there.

Edit: It’s been confirmed now that I’m going with my family. I noticed all their pizzas come with the house grind by default, which according to their toppings section is pecorino mixed with oregano. My googling says pecorino is imported cheese made from sheep’s milk. Fancy, but I’m not sure if my stepmother can handle it. I’ll have to warn her.

Last edited:
Back