Reply From Play-asia - Lol Worthy

JakeK

Website
Visit site
I emailed Play-Asia to see if they were interested/were distributing the Pandora.

Here is my email:

Hi,
I was interested to know if Play-Asia will be distributing the Pandora(www.openpandora.org) as I don't know of any online store that is in Asia-Pacific that is distributing the Pandora.

Regards

Jake

There reply:

Dear Jake Kusters,

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

Currently, our post service do not cover the country Pandora at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, BryanPlay-Asia.com

My reply to that was:

The Pandora is not a country, it is a open source handheld and I was interested to know if Play-Asia will be distributing the handheld.

Note: The Pandora is NOT a country.

Awaiting a reply. Didn't think that what I said was hard to understand :S.

Sounds automated.

I don't think so, Play-asia has very good customer support. Their replies are prompt and they are not automated.

I had also contacted play-asia over the Pandora slightly over a month ago, here was their reply.

Dear Timothee,

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

At the moment we have no plans on selling this device.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Maurice
Play-Asia.com

J-POP and gadgets on http://www.strikebang.com

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Original Message from 2008-03-24 14:40:51 HKT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Hi,

I would like to check with you if play-asia.com has any plans to sell the
upcoming handheld device called Pandora (http://openpandora.org), touted
as a successor of the GP2X (which you are selling on your site).

I am very interested in purchasing that handheld when it is released, and
I was hoping I would be able to order it from your site.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Tim.

Tim.

Yeah, Play-Asia is a very good store with (in my experience) very fast and good quality customer service.

They just misunderstood the question.

And the Pandora is just not yet on their radar. Once the Pandora is out and starts selling, they'll jump on it - they've always been open minded about carrying niche products.

that was very funny, i wonder if there is any country called Pandora.......

azmodean said:
DXR_13KE said:
that was very funny, i wonder if there is any country called Pandora.......
...Pangea?....

From wikipedia:

* A planet in Frank Herbert's Destination: Void series
* Pandora (moon), a moon of Saturn
* 55 Pandora, an asteroid
* The village of Pandora, an unincorporated community in Wilson County, Texas

Maybe their customer service is so good that they are able to send their products outside the earth :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If people send multiple e-mails asking this question I'm sure we could get them to consider it. But they might jump on it by themselfs; so...

BTW: LOL; What A response....(In sarcasm) "Oh, we are very sorry, but we don't ship to Saturn's moon yet." IMAO

JakeK said:
My other emails with them haven't been that bad but still poor English.

We'll see if they have changed their mind ;)
I can't see any reason why his English is poor, considering he goes by the name Bryan! (if that really IS his name!)

x68000 said:
JakeK said:
My other emails with them haven't been that bad but still poor English.

We'll see if they have changed their mind ;)
I can't see any reason why his English is poor, considering he goes by the name Bryan! (if that really IS his name!)

Of course! There are too many chinese guys named Bryan, they are known by their perfect English and big eyes. Some of them even drink tea at 5pm :)

timofonic said:
Of course! There are too many chinese guys named Bryan, they are known by their perfect English and big eyes. Some of them even drink tea at 5pm :)
I found this out completely by accident. Since asian names rarely have any sort of european version, when kids learn english in school they choose some english names to use.

I think there is a Bryan at dealextreme.com too. Maybe people in China name their sons Bryan to garantee them a job in internet customer service in the future.

ak_ said:
I think there is a Bryan at dealextreme.com too. Maybe people in China name their sons Bryan to garantee them a job in internet customer service in the future.
Well, if it's similar to Korea, they can select an English name themselves and change it yearly :)
That's easier for business relations, they think.

Last edited:
That sounds like a really good shirt. Maybe a linux penguin playing a pandora on the front and on the back the words, "The Pandora is not a country!"

Back