Play-asia Will Carry Gp2x

joshadams

Still Fresh
Website
gp2x.bravehost.com
Sorry if someone else has posted this already. But play-asia is now taking pre-order for our beloved handheld.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-17-74-wt-88-99.html

I did get a email from them last week stating

Hi Joshua,

thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

At the moment we have no plans of selling this handheld.

In case of any further question please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Maurice
Play-Asia.com

This was on the 28/9/05

I think the latest entry on the korean website says they're about to get that sorted, but that's only a guess after trying to understand the google translated version of the page!

edit: This one

I heard they're renaming it again to "GP2X3M". How is that for confusion ;)

LOLZ no plans. I just got the weekly newsletter, and this was the title of the e-mail:
GPX2 - The New Mobile Entertainment Device by Gamepark Holdings announced - preorders open now!
(I BBCoded it for ya guys)
GPX2 - The New Mobile Entertainment Device by Gamepark Holdings announced - preorders open now!

Gamepark Holding's new mobile entertainment system
GA.00010.0006.jpg

The GPX2 offers everything for your mobile entertainment - right out of your pocket. Being on the move, or just plugged directly into your TV's S-Video connection, you can enjoy:
  • Playing Games
  • Watching Movies
  • Listening to Music
  • Reading E-Books
  • Viewing Photos
GA.00010.0009.jpg

Powered by embedded Linux, the GPX2 offers video playback of sources up to a resolution of 720x480. The vivid 3.5inch screen features 170,000 colors and a 320x240 pixel TFT LCD display. Backed by a Dual-CPU, both clocked at 200Mhz, 64MBytes of Flash Memory (non-volatile to store data) and 64MBytes of RAM, it gives you all a video games enthusiast can ask for. The system is free for anybody to develop software on, be it emulators or native applications. Games and emulators perfectly utilize the screen resolution. The buttons are laid out in a classic style, essential for true gaming.

Besides its gaming capabilities, the GP2X is a rich multimedia device. It supports multiple codecs for video (MPEG, MPEG4, DivX, XVid) and audio (MP3, OGG, WMA) and you are able to hook up the device to your TV-Set. Viewing pictures you have just taken? Just put an SD-Card in the socket and view them with your friends and family. It has never been that easy.

GA.00010.0007.jpg

This all comes at a very affordable preorder price of US$179.00 only. The GP2X will be in stock by the end of November, just in time for Christmas!

See more details on this fabulous device on our GPX2 pages, and be sure to subscribe to the Personal Agent on the right-hand-side column for any updates.

Looks like they're pimping it pretty hard, with a pretty banner on the main site and everything. If the early reviews are good, I'm sure this thing will sell well. They should really be featuring the black unit in those pics, though!

Back