Replacement Joystick Caps Available

Talyz posted on Feb 23 2006 at 03:11 PM said:
Seriously, you're making quite a lot of money from this, Dave, aren't you? No offence, but 11$... Postage? ;)
It's just free enterprise. I think anyone who owns a DaveC cap knows that it's worth at least double what he charges for it. Nobody loses in the deal, and in the end DaveC will have enough to buy some new batteries :D

Last edited by a moderator:
just another happy davec-stick customer from germany who wants to say thanks! :)

cheers
rSl

Received my new cap yesterday. Nice handcrafted piece of hardware!

a-goodwork.gif

Regards,
Stephan

Only just managed to get on for the first time in a week with the hack problems etc.

Got my DaveC cap just over a week ago and true to form I can confirm it makes the world of difference.

I was really impressed with the effort he has put in to producing the paperwork with it and the quality of the cap itself.

Nice one Dave.

If the people who have bought them off you say they are any good, then I will have one.

I have one, and It's definitely worth the money. While it doesn't make the joystick perfect (left still gives me some troubles in LadyKiller and TailTale, etc..) the improvment is still drastic.

Bleeg posted on Feb 23 2006 at 11:14 PM said:
Seriously, you're making quite a lot of money from this, Dave, aren't you? No offence, but 11$... Postage? ;)
It's just free enterprise. I think anyone who owns a DaveC cap knows that it's worth at least double what he charges for it. Nobody loses in the deal, and in the end DaveC will have enough to buy some new batteries :D

Err, I think Talyz missed the point...

It's $11 WITH postage to ship internationally, not price + $11 postage. :D

Talyz posted on Feb 23 2006 at 08:11 PM said:

Please tell me you are joking or you misread a simple line of english and didnt realise it wasnt 11 dollars for postage ?!? EVEN if somehow the price was 30 dollars and Dave was making a fair bit on it so what ? You have the choice whether to get one or not, Dave isnt forcing them down peoples throats ! Its like people moaning on ebay that postage is high for an item, yeah it might be but you dont have to bid on it. But just 11 dollars for it ? Bargain. Stop being a cheapskate !!!

I received mine a few days ago in the UK (Very quick delivery by the way Dave) and i'm happy as hell with it. 11 dollars for Dave to make it, do instructions, take it to the post office and then for me to receive it a week later is excellent

Looks great on the GP2X as well, top marks !!!

GeminiDomino posted on Mar 10 2006 at 10:38 AM said:
Bleeg posted on Feb 23 2006 at 11:14 PM said:

Err, I think Talyz missed the point...

It's $11 WITH postage to ship internationally, not price + $11 postage. :D

Maybe he is right. I DO charge $11.00 for postage and handling, but the cap is free ;)

Anyways I am glad that this cap helps out to give a better experience. The stock cap is truly dreadful.

Just recieved my cap. Doesn't work at all for me.
It makes the brass shaft rotate (when doing circle movements), making the joystick unresponsive.
When I take the cap off, the "flat" on the brass shaft isn't in its original orientation.
Just hoping it didn't break anything...

:(

bubblejoe posted on Mar 14 2006 at 09:50 AM said:
Just recieved my cap. Doesn't work at all for me.
It makes the brass shaft rotate (when doing circle movements), making the joystick unresponsive.
When I take the cap off, the "flat" on the brass shaft isn't in its original orientation.
Just hoping it didn't break anything...

:(

You broke your shaft, not the cap. Send it (the GP2X) back for a replacement ... it's covered under warrantee for stuff like this (just don't tell them you broke the stick trying to replace their crappy cap ;))

In fact nobody didn't break anything, it sill works perfectly wit the original cap ;)
I just can't use DaveC's. :'(

bubblejoe posted on Mar 14 2006 at 10:14 AM said:
In fact nobody didn't break anything, it sill works perfectly wit the original cap ;)
I just can't use DaveC's. :'(

I see, but the fact is that the brass shaft should not under any circumstances rotate inside the mechanism. Dave C's cap fits extemely snug on this shaft, and you likely discovered its looseness while using his cap ... 'tis all I can think of, since the cap itself is just that ... a cap.

The point is I don't know what could be fixed if I send my GP2X back, since it works with the original cap. ;)
My unit just don't work with DaveC's cap.

bubblejoe posted on Mar 14 2006 at 03:47 PM said:
The point is I don't know what could be fixed if I send my GP2X back, since it works with the original cap.  ;)
My unit just don't work with DaveC's cap.

Your joystick mechanism is marginal/worn. It will eventually break with the original cap it just may take a little longer to notice/happen.

bubblejoe posted on Mar 14 2006 at 08:39 PM said:
So, what is your advice?
Pray.
Get a Replacement.
Or try and be the first to get a replacement from Radek.

Just received my cap (nice piece of work, great detailed explication paper), and just a few minutes later I was finally able to enjoy a Tetris game like it should be!

Thanks Dave, you're trully amazing

Back