Just Got Replacement Caps Via Gbax

Lupin

Website
www.ergwow.com
Ok, so I got home today to find an air mail package waiting for me in my mailbox. Open it up and there are my 2 replacement caps for the GP2X I ordered from GBAX. (very fast shipping too). First thing I notice is they are not like they are in the pictured here:
newblack.gif

I was a little upset cause the cap in that picture reminded me of the PS2 analog sticks and that is what I wanted. But I figured if they changed the design maybe it was for the best. The next thing I noticed and this was the biggest issue was the fact that have lettering on the cap that is sort of a braille type lettering that you can feel. I don't see the point of that and it is just an annoyance to me.

But was it comes down to is does it make that much of a difference when using the GP2X? And I can safely say that after spending a couple of hours with DrMD and Sonic 3 that it makes a whole hell of a lot of difference. It comes down to a mixture of it not being anywhere near as concave and it is probably has a 50% larger circumference at the top. Bottom line, if you have a GP2X spend the extra 8USD for a better cap. It may not be as good as some of the mods you can cook up, but if your like me and don't even want to go down that road, stick with GBAX's replacement caps.

it makes a whole hell of a lot of difference

Ive been thinking of getting one, but keep putting it off (thinking it wont make that much diffenerce) So you think I should?

The one in the picture looks like the original cap

Yes, that looks the same as the one on my first edition.

dosteridge posted on Oct 11 2006 at 08:20 PM said:
it makes a whole hell of a lot of difference

Ive been thinking of getting one, but keep putting it off (thinking it wont make that much diffenerce) So you think I should?

The one in the picture looks like the original cap

Yes, that looks the same as the one on my first edition.

Ahh I thought those where the new ones. Anyway, yeah I think it makes a lot of difference. And its only 8USD and you get two. Its a great deal either way really.

Last edited by a moderator:
My issue was idk how to explain it, but my thumb would cramp up. I guess because I was bending the last joint on my thumb at an angle. But since this cap is much larger, I can just rest it there. Also, another issue, they slip off easy as hell. Just make sure when you pocket you GP2X you dont get it hung, or else it would probably fall off.

Yea, $8 USD for two bits of molded plastic is a terrific deal. Sign me up for half a dozen, stat.

- Alex

You should have gotten the MK2 ones from play asia, only $1 each, and they don't suck ass like that stupid letter-stamped piece of over priced garbage from GBAX ... i got it free with Vektar, and trust me, compared with the other alternatives, it well and truly sucks.

g4m3r posted on Oct 12 2006 at 04:18 AM said:
http://gp2x.co.uk/gp2xnewcap.html

"The best way to order is via Paypal £1.75 and your address to sales@cdworld.co.uk and we will ship your cap the same day. If you are outside the UK please send £2.75."

Listen to TelcoLou. Don't buy that thing. It's awful compared to the offical replacement cap. Do yourself a favor and get the real thing. Play-Asia has it for $3 including shipping!

Eolair posted on Oct 11 2006 at 10:30 PM said:
g4m3r posted on Oct 12 2006 at 04:18 AM said:
http://gp2x.co.uk/gp2xnewcap.html

"The best way to order is via Paypal £1.75 and your address to sales@cdworld.co.uk and we will ship your cap the same day. If you are outside the UK please send £2.75."

Listen to TelcoLou. Don't buy that thing. It's awful compared to the offical replacement cap. Do yourself a favor and get the real thing. Play-Asia has it for $3 including shipping!
I know, I own both and I agree, the mkII version is much better.

I actually was curious to see if the price had gone up on this cap (but i dont remember the price I paid so what good is it!)

My GP2X was a MK2 the one that is concave and it sucked ass.
PA.66999.001.jpg

It had a point in the middle for some god forsaken reason and it was small as hell. My opinion is that the GBAX caps are very well. And anyone with a finger nail file can file off the lettering (I did it).

If anyone has used DaveC's cap as well the MK2 and Gbax ones, how does it compare? Can you still buy DaveC's?

I found the GPH cap I got with my GP2X hurt my thumb after playing a while. My nail felt like it was digging into the top left of my thumb. so I tried Craig's cap (Which was supplied free with the GP2X) and that was a whole lot better. The only thing I can see wrong with Craig's cap is it comes off the GP2X too easily. Twice now it has accidentally fallen off, but it isn't really an issue.

Edit: I just solved the cap coming off with a little bit of paper :)

Hirolaser posted on Oct 12 2006 at 01:52 AM said:
If anyone has used DaveC's cap as well the MK2 and Gbax ones, how does it compare? Can you still buy DaveC's?

Actually, his is still the best ... I have 2 DaveC caps ... one is a bit smaller in circumferance than the first one I got, and is perfect.

He no longer makes them. :(

WarmFluffyUK posted on Oct 12 2006 at 02:20 AM said:
Edit: I just solved the cap coming off with a little bit of paper :)
Haha, the paper-mod lives on! :lol:

- Alex

I had the same problem with the craig cap and the nice lady at GBAX sent me a MK2 as I'd had a couple of craig caps and 4 months later it's still there.

Gareth

Back