Yet Another Joystick Mod - Part 2

Any luck in getting the joystick assembly yet? I'm really curious to know how the stick looks like inside its metal casing. The dead zone/long throw of the stick is driving me crazy!

I was looking at the stick specifications and the throw angle seem to be 12 degrees in any direction. If you could lower that to say 8 degrees I think it would be much better.

I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to modify the stick shaft rather than moving the switches? Maybe if you could make the shaft thicker around the place where it hits the switches then the angle would decrease.

I also noticed that the joystick only has a life time of 100 000 cycles so we better use it carefully :(

I still have not received the stick assemblies so I don't know how to mod them and what will work. It is perfect getting these assemblies as I don't have to destroy the GP2x to experiment. I wanted to mod them so that they act like most sticks in that the orthagonal directions are easier to hit then the diagonals.

I have a few of these caps available now so who ever wants one can PM me. They are $10.00 USD and you can use paypal. They do help because of the larger size but they don't solve all problems. Still any improvement is worthwhile I think. I had to machine them by hand which is alot of work and time so that is why they are not like $3.00 or something. If they were molded they would be real cheap but molds are thousands of dollars. I understand if no one wants it at that amount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back